• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dijor,
Go for the suede. In my opinion, it perfectly fits with denims.
If you're a student, the leather one with its gold buckle might appear too formal on a daily routine.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and all the others for replying. I'm going to fit the mink suede tomorrow.

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have bought the belgrave in suede. The savile was not in stock maybe next week I can try them on.

I'm not certain if I should sized down a half since the eyelets are almost closed. I have .5 inch room left I hope this will be enough after stretching of the shoe. If I see pictures with people wearing these oxfords the eyelets are more opened. I measured my feet they are 28,5 cm / 11.2 inch long and this is a UK 9 E.

Last edited:

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry what do you mean? These are just the original laces..

Is the tongue closed to much for further stretching?

vonklark

Reaction score
Sorry what do you mean? These are just the original laces..

Is the tongue closed to much for further stretching?

I think he means that they look blue? It looks like you changed them out didn't you? Or it's your camera flash.

Last edited:

hanskl

Reaction score
First time posting in this thread. This is my current C&J collection. Probably not what you would expect from a newbie
biggrin.gif

You'll have to excuse the the crappy resolution and the even crappier lightning conditions.

Stirling

Reaction score
First time posting in this thread. This is my current C&J collection.

Welcome to SF hanskl.

You have made some fine choices & gathered a very nice C&J collection, you'll forgive me if I don't hyperbolise and call it an 'awesome collection' I'll leave that to the deprived.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time posting in this thread. This is my current C&J collection. Probably not what you would expect from a newbie
biggrin.gif

You'll have to excuse the the crappy resolution and the even crappier lightning conditions.

It's a nice collection that's going to cover most of your bases. Also, nice shots - my indoor ones tend to be pretty crappy for some reason.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First time posting in this thread.
This is my current C&J collection. Probably not what you would expect from a newbie :D

i like those.

hanskl

Reaction score
^ I like the double monks, nice touch!

Awesome collection.

Welcome to SF hanskl.

You have made some fine choices & gathered a very nice C&J collection, you'll forgive me if I don't hyperbolise and call it an 'awesome collection' I'll leave that to the deprived.

It's a nice collection that's going to cover most of your bases. Also, nice shots - my indoor ones tend to be pretty crappy for some reason.

i like those.

Thanks gents for the kind words!
shog[1].gif
I'm currently contemplating getting a pair of Chepstows in tan scotch grain for more casual wear.. I have also considered Brecon's in dark brown country calf. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Also, what is the difference between scotch grain and country calf?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads