• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Latex vs. Spring mattress

z_finley

Reaction score
I sleep on an Ikea latex mattress and find it quite comfortable. Oh, and the sex is great. I don't know where some people get that it isn't. Latex is resilient and somewhat springy, unlike tempurpedic.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised to read all of the Tempurpedic hate. We've got a king size Tempurpedic and love it. Whenever we sleep on anything else we're absolutely miserable. It does get a little bit warm, but we've adapted pretty well. Sex does require a little more effort, but that's a small price to pay.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tempur foam, Latex, No-flip mattresses, Air mattress number beds....

I wonder what sort of crap they will sell next to gullible public?

Where can I buy pocket-coil all natural mattress that has two sides and no synthetic matrial in a sleeping surface?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Memory foam all the way for me. It is a treat to return to that bed after travel. My wife agrees.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
the best way to choose a mattress is actually sleeping on it. most retailers give you a 30 day comfort guarantee anyways - if you don't like the first one you chose then just swap it out.

I manufacture all types of mattresses - memory foam, latex foam, spring, and air beds - so I can make myself anything I want but I use a memory foam mattress, just personal preference.

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Smith
Memory foam all the way for me. It is a treat to return to that bed after travel. My wife agrees.

+1 for me.

I have had a Tempurpedic for 4 years and couldn't be happier.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I see a huge untapped market in Mattress innovation.. Seriously, technology has been stagnant in that industry for the past 300 years.

I would like to have a bed with small fans inside and thermoregulation guided by computer that adjusts temperature for optimum/deepest rest.
And what is with materials?
Considering that people spend around 25-30 years of their lives asleep wtf with "stupid" beds in 21 Century?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads