• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ny3pcg

Reaction score

Is it now $20? Was $15 (I believe) when I placed my last order.

As a side, I'm close to having to bail on PC. Is the difference between a 2 pleat and 3 pleat forearm THAT drastic, to the point that forearm tightness is rendered relatively moot?

I've increased the upper arm, but, as some may note, that only marginally adjusts the forearm area. I can't really justify increasing the upper arm more (I don't intend to feature in any upcoming Mr. Olympias lol), and the forearm issue is maddening.

I've been contemplating trying the three pleat forearm because the two pleat is slightly snug. The three pleat is drastically larger then the two pleat? If that's the case then I'll stick with the two.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been contemplating trying the three pleat forearm because the two pleat is slightly snug. The three pleat is drastically larger then the two pleat? If that's the case then I'll stick with the two.
I don't know, that's what I'm asking on. I hope it makes for a noticeably roomier forearm.

Bonzai

Reaction score
I just received my first shirt changing to the 3 pleat - it does give you a little more room but visually I don't think it is noticeable at all. I was also surprised to find that the 3rd pleat is added to the underside of the forearm instead of stacking onto the top.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my first shirt changing to the 3 pleat - it does give you a little more room but visually I don't think it is noticeable at all. I was also surprised to find that the 3rd pleat is added to the underside of the forearm instead of stacking onto the top.
Thanks for the info. Can you provide pics of the bold part? I'm not quite sure I've seen anything like it.

Bonzai

Reaction score
May take me a few days but I'll get a photo up. I was expecting the fabric to be bunched up, but you can't see any noticeable difference.

ny3pcg

Reaction score

May take me a few days but I'll get a photo up. I was expecting the fabric to be bunched up, but you can't see any noticeable difference.

No problem. I'm waiting a little while before placing my next order. Hoping the updated stiff Roma spread collar is available by then.

wjenks

Reaction score
What would the average life line be of a PC shirt, in general?

I know it probably depends on cloth used, number of washes & wear etc but still curious.

Usonian

Reaction score
What would the average life line be of a PC shirt, in general?

I know it probably depends on cloth used, number of washes & wear etc but still curious.
I only have two, but I've had them for almost 2 years actually, and they've been holding up quite well. no fraying, no loose stitching, nothing. They're in great shape, and I wore them a LOT, because they were far away my best fitting/quality shirts. I would wear them, toss them in the laundry, do laundry maybe two or three times a month, and immediately wear them and toss them back in the laundry.

the two shirts were a herringbone flannel and a navy donegal flannel, for your reference.

Kayntowh

Reaction score
Hello, I just recieved my new Proper Cloth shirt - the first since the test shirt. It has some diagonal lines running from the shoulder across the upper arm to the inner bicep as shown in the picture. Any of you who have experienced the same and found a solution?

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Kayntowh

Reaction score
After some sharing thoughts with the Proper Cloth support team, we agreed to go with normal shoulders, although they actually wanted me to choose square shoulders and I had been talking about choosing sloping shoulders.

Becon

Reaction score
Hello, I just recieved my new Proper Cloth shirt - the first since the test shirt. It has some diagonal lines running from the shoulder across the upper arm to the inner bicep as shown in the picture. Any of you who have experienced the same and found a solution?

I wouldn't increase the shoulder slope. It looks like you already have some horizontal lines running from the collar to your shoulder. I think you need to increase the chest width by .25-.5". Possibly change the neck posture. But definitely not sloping shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads