• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AustinMatherne

Reaction score
I received a new shirt from Proper Cloth. It's pulling through the top button, so I think I need to increase the yoke 0.5. The collar and shirt length could both use a small increase too.

What do you all think? Would you make any other adjustments? How are the chest, waist and arm measurements?

Thanks!

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
might want to do a collar back or forward to reduce the bump behind the neck, but other than that-pretty damn good (I dont like my shirts too tight)

aj805

Reaction score
Yes, I think I would try increasing the yoke, more like 1.00"

What collar is that? The points look too short for the Soft Ivy BD.

Otherwise the fit looks fine.

Kayntowh

Reaction score

I wouldn't increase the shoulder slope. It looks like you already have some horizontal lines running from the collar to your shoulder. I think you need to increase the chest width by .25-.5". Possibly change the neck posture. But definitely not sloping shoulders.

Thank you for your input Bevin! Can you please explain to me which lines from collar to shoulder, you are referring to and how the slope would make it worse? I might be missing something here :D

ny3pcg

Reaction score
Not the best pictures but what do you guys think of the overall fit of this shirt? I've washed it only once so it should shrink a little more. I'm a fairly muscular guy so my proportions are slightly off. That being said, the biggest issue I've had so far with proper cloth shirts is getting the sleeves in the bicep area slim enough without being too tight. I had to increase that area slightly after my test shirt. Also, I would like to fix the waist area. It seems to be fitted enough when the shirt is untucked, however, when I tuck the shirt in, I do notice some blousing at the sides by the belt area, as well as a portion of the shirt not laying flat in the front where the placket meets the belt. I've tried decreasing the waist measurement before, however, it seemed to be just too tight and the shirt would tend to ride up and blouse more once I sat down. Any input or advice would greatly be appreciated.
[/IMG][/IMG]

dcjohnson

Reaction score
How satisfied have people been when getting fitted in person at PC? I'm going to be in NYC this spring and am tempted to get fitted by PC but want to know if people have found it worthwhile.
Thanks!

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How satisfied have people been when getting fitted in person at PC? I'm going to be in NYC this spring and am tempted to get fitted by PC but want to know if people have found it worthwhile.
Thanks!
if you are virgin like in the area of fit, then yes its worth it...

but if u r a seasoned man that knows a lot about fit, its not such a big deal to go.

I love going because I like the crew there, and I MUST feel all fabrics in person..lol

Last edited:

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a new shirt from Proper Cloth. It's pulling through the top button, so I think I need to increase the yoke 0.5. The collar and shirt length could both use a small increase too.

What do you all think? Would you make any other adjustments? How are the chest, waist and arm measurements?

Thanks!

Thanks!

fit is nice overall.......your left hi shoulder is causing issues....

ny3pcg

Reaction score

Thank you for the suggestions. For this particular shirt in the photo, I only laundered it once so I think the sleeve length will shorten a little more with a few washes. that's what happened with my other pc shirts.

In regards to darts, based on the pc darts page, it says adding darts will automatically increase the midsection front panel by 1.5inches, however, if I want to keep the front width the same, to decrease the automatic width of the midsection by .5 inches. Did you follow pc's guidance? I'd like to try adding the darts but don't want the front midsection to be any wider then it already is. If anything I'd like to slim it down a little.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not follow that guide...nor do I recall it!...lol

that being said, I have not noticed a wider front mid

after reading it.......

darts make the rear of a shirt less baggy but keep the overall mid area the same......the darts remove about 1.5 " and that amount is just added back into frt of shirt...so overall its the same but more contoured in the back

I have never noticed the frt area being larger than any PC non darted shirt.

but I understand what u r sayng. For the benefit of clarity, here is what the PC site says:

if you think you need darts

Darts are a great way to resolve the issue of excess fabric around the lower back of the shirt. If you find that the midsection in your shirt size is as slim as you prefer in the front of the shirt, but there is still some excess fabric you’d like to remove from the curve in your lower back, try reducing the midsection width another 1/2″ and applying darts to your shirt size.

Last edited:

ny3pcg

Reaction score

I did not follow that guide...nor do I recall it!...lol that being said, I have not noticed a wider front mid after reading it....... darts make the rear of a shirt less baggy but keep the overall mid area the same......the darts remove about 1.5 " and that amount is just added back into frt of shirt...so overall its the same but more contoured in the back I have never noticed the frt area being larger than any PC non darted shirt. but I understand what u r sayng. For the benefit of clarity, here is what the PC site says:
if you think you need darts

Darts are a great way to resolve the issue of excess fabric around the lower back of the shirt. If you find that the midsection in your shirt size is as slim as you prefer in the front of the shirt, but there is still some excess fabric you’d like to remove from the curve in your lower back, try reducing the midsection width another 1/2″ and applying darts to your shirt size.
Thank you. Makes more sense now. I think I will try the darts and also reduce the front midsection by 1/2 in to slim it down a little more

oldschoolcool

Reaction score
How much collar shrinkage can I expect after a few washes? Ive only laudered once and the collar is a quarter inch roomier than I would like (still hasent shrunk down to my requested size). It is my understanding that PC accounts for potential shrinkage when the shirt is cut.

Also, does anyone know if they will be updating the roma spread collar?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads