• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cord suit and beige Oxford shirt.

IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg
IMG_0729.jpeg
IMG_0723.jpeg
IMG_0731.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg

bpenchi

Reaction score
For info, the picture of mine you shared was my first attempt at Propercloth trousers and I have made several changes since then, those in the pic came out too slim for my liking and the hip measurement was too small causing the smaller pleat to splay open.

I would say your trousers need to be made fuller, at least an inch if not more adding to the half measurements to get them to fall and drape cleanly.

For reference, my leg opening is almost 9" vs your 7.7 which is incredibly narrow looking at the size of your feet.

Have you compared the measurements on a well-fitting pair of trousers to what PC made? I'd say you need more than an inch for the PC trousers to drape decently, and I agree with dapperclassic that the cuff width is too small for your feet.

If the goal is to have the pant drape clean/straight down the back I would agree with the others - you'll want considerably more added to thigh, knee and leg opening. Consider going closer to 13.5 thigh, 10.5 knee and 8.5 leg opening. I'd also question increasing hip width 0.7, but there could be things I am not seeing - or comfort could be an issue.

Thank you for your advice @dapperclassic @philosophe and @Seph . Based on your insights I ordered a remake with the below result.

Waist Width15
Hip Width20.8
Thigh Width13.5
Knee Width10.5
Leg Opening Width8.5
Front Rise11.2
Back Rise16.2
Inseam Length28.6
Total Length38.3

tempImageFlMs3i.jpg
tempImageROYxmE.jpg
tempImageIuUs0v.jpg
tempImageAg4szb.jpg

I would be grateful for any further advice on how to tweak these for a remake.

vikke977

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice @dapperclassic @philosophe and @Seph . Based on your insights I ordered a remake with the below result.

Waist Width15
Hip Width20.8
Thigh Width13.5
Knee Width10.5
Leg Opening Width8.5
Front Rise11.2
Back Rise16.2
Inseam Length28.6
Total Length38.3

View attachment 2271227 View attachment 2271229 View attachment 2271231 View attachment 2271233

I would be grateful for any further advice on how to tweak these for a remake.
What shoes are those?

(Also, pants turned out much better)

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members