• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Prometheus195

Reaction score
Just visited the JMM flagship. Tried the Yellowstone collection. They were cool. Apparently the collection doesn't release until Monday but "somebody pushed the wrong button" and they were leaked, the SA said. Picked up a pair of Yves in Burlwood.
I have the Brown Bear Torino and it's among my favorite frames. I will definitely be getting the Montana. I believe it goes under the name "Druid." I didn't think I'd get another bite at the apple when I missed the Wolf 8, but these are at least as good. Some photos of it are popping up on Japanese websites.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 5.53.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 5.53.22 PM.png
    591.1 KB · Views: 29

Griphter

Reaction score
Just visited the JMM flagship. Tried the Yellowstone collection. They were cool. Apparently the collection doesn't release until Monday but "somebody pushed the wrong button" and they were leaked, the SA said. Picked up a pair of Yves in Burlwood.
Lurker alert, first post here. Wanna express my gratitude for all the fit pics and other intangibles that make purchasing these overpriced frames a little easier.

Am curious about the Yellowstone release, can you confirm which frames are set to be released? Or are they just the ones Prometheus mentioned?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have JMMs in hickory and camel so no great need for more brown frames but burlwood is a sweet looking colour. If the right frame came along I could be tempted back to JMM for one more dance.

BTW a quick glance at the website - I’ve been waiting for lapis Dealans expected December but it now says January. Perhaps they really have outsourced their distribution to Archibald!

Prometheus195

Reaction score
I have JMMs in hickory and camel so no great need for more brown frames but burlwood is a sweet looking colour. If the right frame came along I could be tempted back to JMM for one more dance.

BTW a quick glance at the website - I’ve been waiting for lapis Dealans expected December but it now says January. Perhaps they really have outsourced their distribution to Archibald!
Welcome to my nightmare. I was waiting for an Earl I tried on at a trunk show last November, but it got pushed back to an August release. I decided I liked the Commander more, and it isn't dropping until January at the earliest. I guess I will be getting the better frame in the end though.

You could try calling the boutiques. They can arrange orders with online invoices, and they often get frame batches earlier than the website.

Prometheus195

Reaction score
Lurker alert, first post here. Wanna express my gratitude for all the fit pics and other intangibles that make purchasing these overpriced frames a little easier.

Am curious about the Yellowstone release, can you confirm which frames are set to be released? Or are they just the ones Prometheus mentioned?
JMM typically releases four frames in the Yellowstone collection per year. The Druid (Montana) is probably the only one that will sell out quickly because it's a rare blast from the past. Evans and Flynn have stiff competition with several colorways currently on the market that are less expensive than the Yellowstone models. Wesley has a cool colorway but I'd rather have the feather wirecore, and there's some controversy about it being redesigned from the early days of JMM. As far as I know there are 350 of each Yellowstone frame, save the Wolf 21 Ascari which has 50, and the Wolf 8 Montana that dropped late summer and sold out instantly with 25 total frames.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
The Ascaris have been tempting me too, but I wasn't looking for another pair in black, and I think funkier frames like this one call for something more colourful, whereas something like Enzos and Fellinis call for black. I'll probably regret not buying them in a few months, though.

However I've never been picky or not nearly as picky as some other guys when it comes to my other money sinks (leather jackets and boots, some guys look at the very last stitch) and I understand the "mandcrafted" (inside joke) nature of these frames, but the pair in those pics is so asymmetrical that it hurts. And it scares me that they picked this one for the official pics, maybe they didn't notice/care?

The three pins are completely off center in the right temple, and consequently the thin wire is much closer to the edge on that side than in the other one. I guess this also causes that the tip of the wire is closer to the round thing in one side than in the other.

This is nothing new, really, but if they’re going to keep raising the prices they might as well increase the quality.

View attachment 2270367
I'm glad it's not only me who is irked by these details. I like exposed wirecore, and have mentioned before that this is the sole reason I refuse to purchase the two biggest culprit JMM frames of assymetrical wirecore – Enzo and Walker. It seems they are not even trying to address it. Nothing has changed and I don't believe it will but I don't really understand the process involved. I see other cheaper brands like Ahlem, Akila, Bottega Veneta do a decent job. Some of Dita's frames are hit and miss, Akoni is also good as are Blake Kuwahara, Matsuda and T-Henri. It bewilders me.

Griphter

Reaction score

It looks like a bunch of frames were given revised timetables just today

Walker from April to May 2025
Leonard from December to now available
Fellini (burgundy) November to now available
Molino from December to January

Speaking of Fellini, there was an indigo posted on their IG and then crickets as far as when, anyone know anything about these?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member