• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The seller specified that the watch was being sold “as is” so I don’t think I will have any recourse in complaining that it doesn’t work.

I may go ahead and get a letter from a Rolex dealer to demonstrate it’s a fake...I’ll see what happens from there.

(I kinda feel like it’s my own fault anyway. I shoulda known better)
Don't feel guilty. Should be no problem to return it. I sell on ebay and from personal experience the customer always wins.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally I agree with you. Lol

At the same time, these companies say they care about fraudulent goods, but in reality can’t police it, I don’t know why? Some are just comical, and at the end of he day do they really care when they are stacking profit from it?
Not so sure they care as much as they should or in fact do with the amount of fakes out there.

And on everything.... Not specifically watches
Exactly as long as ebay is making money, do they really care....buyer beware

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this guy during the end-of-year sales last year, under 1K ( from Ashford... Wet bed)

View attachment 1087134

20181210_104454.jpg

20181210_075218.jpg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly as long as ebay is making money, do they really care....buyer beware
It is a breakdown of the rule of law and the government should get involved. But the truth is most buyers and sellers are happy so it isn't a priority vs the drug war, counter-terrorism, violent crime... see how the chap was perfectly happy with his "Rolex" before this thread enlightened him.

Amazon could police it but won't, in fact they are happy to co-mingle inventory with known fraudulent suppliers from China so even the "fulfilled by Amazon" isn't safe. We're seeing a return of the brick and mortar store as a means of knowing you're getting what you paid for... as for eBay, that company died inside when Levchin and his team left, it is rather amazing to see that nothing has happened since. The first thing that happened after Levchin's departure was fraud problems - which the new folks couldn't handle for months.

The one company that gets that stuff right is Facebook, who talent-safari'ed some very famous computer scientists for their anti-spam team, price no object. They're also anonymously investing in computer science research to further help that effort. As a result the platform is only filled with paid-for, authorised spam :D

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still, not very savvy to buy a "Rolex" in that manner. A fraudulent seller who should not be allowed on that site but the buyer should have known better.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one for my college-age daughter last year and she loves it. Surprisingly solid watch. New Snoopy edition is pretty cool.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on eBay seller:montre48 goods on offer?

Everything looks flawless, so refinished. Intriguing to me because he is Canadian based.

Your thoughts? Don’t know how to link a sellers items for sale. Sorry.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everything looks flawless, so refinished. Intriguing to me because he is Canadian based.

I have never heard of or dealt with the seller (I very rarely buy/sell), so I can't help, sorry. The pieces do look very nice, with good photos and descriptions + excellent eBay feedback, but I am definitely no expert at all.

RogerP might know of the seller, since he is in Canada also, and is certainly far more experienced than I.

For others to look in on, this is the link CanadaCal was wanting to post:
montre48_watches on eBay.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His offerings look too much like something from India. The pics are exactly the same light and camera as Indian sellers that have been polluting Ebay with Japanese refurbished watches with crazy dials. I would stay the heck away from his offerings.

Last edited:

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of or dealt with the seller (I very rarely buy/sell), so I can't help, sorry. The pieces do look very nice, with good photos and descriptions + excellent eBay feedback, but I am definitely no expert at all.

RogerP might know of the seller, since he is in Canada also, and is certainly far more experienced than I.

For others to look in on, this is the link CanadaCal was wanting to post:
montre48_watches on eBay.

I bought a gorgeous looking lady’s Omega dated to the late 70’s from him. It lost three hours a day like clockwork. :). So, I told him, shipped it back, and got a quick refund. So I have no complaints about the transaction apart from I wish the darn thing kept time properly. My wife loved it.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a gorgeous looking lady’s Omega dated to the late 70’s from him. It lost three hours a day like clockwork. :). So, I told him, shipped it back, and got a quick refund. So I have no complaints about the transaction apart from I wish the darn thing kept time properly. My wife loved it.
Yikes!

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your watch just had a very rare complication that is all.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Likely could have been repaired/adjusted.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417