• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Sale?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
Did anyone get the Black Label peacoat?
I tried it on yesterday and it has a nice cut and fit but not a thick wool--seems pretty light for winter wear. I would have grabbed it if I didn't pick up a BL tux.

Bluedevil

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PartagasIV
I tried it on yesterday and it has a nice cut and fit but not a thick wool--seems pretty light for winter wear. I would have grabbed it if I didn't pick up a BL tux.

Did you get the 40 + 15 discount on the BL tuxedo?? I just picked my third BL suit from the mansion, and inquired about the tuxedo, but the SA told me that was not on sale.

I think they just make it up on the fly. the last time i visited the mansion, they told me solid color suits are not on sale. when i called a week later, they said the charcoal suit was on sale, but not the navy. when i went into the store, they told me the navy was on sale too.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Hi folks,

Could you recommend me some dress shirts?

I´m not familiar with Polo

Thanks in advice

NO WAY, they were just awful.A lot to learn from european patterns this Ralph... bad and overpriced
confused.gif

mikej77

Reaction score
I like the slim fit of the Black Label dress shirts. Way overpriced at retail but if you can find them on ebay or at an outlet, you can get some deals.

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
Can any one comment on the fit/look of the classic RL wool pea coat?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/prod-12/3....3354024.shtml

A few months back I tried on the RL peacoat. For the sale price I think it is a good deal. It is definitely a more traditional fit than the Black Label peacoat. More boxy but not too much, I definitely liked it. I couldn't hold back though, about an hour ago I ended up ordering the Black Label peacoat. Should arrive in a few days.

Clyde099

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikej77
A few months back I tried on the RL peacoat. For the sale price I think it is a good deal. It is definitely a more traditional fit than the Black Label peacoat. More boxy but not too much, I definitely liked it. I couldn't hold back though, about an hour ago I ended up ordering the Black Label peacoat. Should arrive in a few days.

Thanks for your input.
The black label pea coat is very nice too, I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now.
I'll go to the Michigan Ave. store in Chicago to try it on tomorrow.
I was thinking of getting the JCrew pea coat, but this one might turn out to be better...

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde099
Thanks for your input.
The black label pea coat is very nice too, I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now.
I'll go to the Michigan Ave. store in Chicago to try it on tomorrow.
I was thinking of getting the JCrew pea coat, but this one might turn out to be better...

I tried on the JCrew peacoat. I would definitely recommend the RL over the JCrew. The wool felt very scratchy and I was just not impressed with it considering the price. If you want a good fitted peacoat, also consider the Hickey Freeman http://www.hickeystyle.com/website/p...0&dept_id=4156 or the Barbour which is less than $500 http://www.barbour.com/index.cfm?fus...D=24&RangeID=1

RJATL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Material Boy
No! It is definitely not worth the price right now. Unless the blue label suit you are looking at is some kind of Basic Suit (navy, charcoal gray). Comes January, the Blue Label suit will be marked down to about $450.00.

Any idea what the discount % might be for Black and Purple Label items in January?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bluedevil
Did you get the 40 + 15 discount on the BL tuxedo??.

I don't think it was quite 55% off, but close. 2300 down to 1170. Out the door for 1300 with tax and alterations.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJATL
Any idea what the discount % might be for Black and Purple Label items in January?

~70% off is the norm. I've seen it went as low as 80% off once.

BTW, the 30% off friends and family starts tomorrow at retail stores.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara