• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can find the International Leather Jacket (in black, medium or large)? They seem to be hard to find online, and a lot of the sites that do list it as in stock (like the one from which I hotlink this image) don't necessarily look reliable.

Barbour%20Vintage%20International%20Leather%20Jacket%20Black%20Mens.jpg

Thanks,

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
to expand on End's policy - USA accounts nationwide are unable to ship to the UK, and vice versa. has to do with distribution or something - something we found out applies to all product acrossed the board from them.

kelsomarca

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice. I haven't ordered a liner, though I'm not opposed to the idea. I will probably wear a reasonably thick lambswool sweater under it though.

I found that the M Ashby fit me well, including sleeve length, except it was at least 1.5" too short in the body for my liking. If I understand you correctly though, you're saying that if the M ashby fit well, I should have ordered a small bristol? That would have even shorter sleeves though, wouldn't it? At any rate, I'm more concerned with body length, as I have a long torso, than sleeve length, and the bristol ought to work on that front I would think. Ah, how the small details make all the difference...

Did you get to try the Ashby on in an L too?
How did you find the Ashby in the L to fit compared to the M?

Last edited:

roquesoon

Reaction score
Did you get to try the Ashby on in an L too?
How did you find the Ashby in the L to fit compared to the M?

I didn't try on a large, since the medium fit me well everywhere except the length. I'd guess it's, um, bigger...
stirpot.gif

If you're on the fence, and the measurements provided online aren't of help, I think trying both on is the only answer. Nothing I say here would really help your decision.

As for End/Barbour's distribution policy, I don't know what to say except that my order went through and arrived with no problem. Hopefully no one reports me
patch[1].gif

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So this happened to the new barra:

Drove from a 100 degree area into the mountains. Left it in the car for a couple of hours and poof, wax melted. Will it even out or am I screwed?

ended up wearing this jacket the way it looks here and fortunately the wax evened out. i guess the combination of gravity and motion resolved the problem. Jacket is also darkened a little bit. great stuff. what a wonderful jacket would love one in the navy

poena

Reaction score
for those of you using the warm liner. Do you hook the loop at the top of the jacket? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but when I do it feels like the jacket is being pulled upwards. I can feel the liner on my neck and it's not that comfortable. This is on a Bedale.

But if I only zip it in the jacket and liner are all floppy when I take it off.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on this jacket in terms of fit, rarity, quality, etc.?
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/barbour-dryfly-endurance-fishing-jacket-waterproof-for-men~p~44391/

I haven't heard of it and I'm wondering about the potential to just casually wear this thing.

Just my opinion, but it looks very technical and fly fishing specific. The outer fabric and color would look strange with a normal outfit, to say nothing of the mesh pocket. I also bet it fits like a tent (but that goes for a lot of Barbours).

Reminds me of:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads