• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

previlo

Reaction score
I'm looking around at getting a new coat and spotted a second hard Barbour anthracite duffle. Supposedly it's 'only been worn once or twice' and is in very good condition. So the usual then.

Anyway, the listing says it's EU46/UK38, but I thought they were 10 apart, so I'm guessing that's a mistake. Either way I wear a size 36 chest in a suit.

Does anyone have any experience with fit on something like this? If it turns out to be a UK38 will I be swimming in something like this as a 36 chest size? Seems like the sort of thing that's probably not a bad thing to have too big though?

Edit: Just noticed there were more pictures of it and the label actually says EU46/UK38. Must be a Barbour thing?

Yes, its a Barbour sizing convention, for example the Dufflecoat has UK 40/ EU 48 and UK 42/ EU 50 (!), but be aware the Duffle has a very roomy fit. For example I am 183cm tall with around 85kg and normally fit EU 50 or 52, and fit easily within the UK 40/ EU 48, but the arms are way too short, to have a regular arm length I would need to take the UK 42/ EU 50, but this one has a ver wide chest, way too wide (even if I wear a suit underneath, I essentially could wear a shirt, sweater and a thick down jacket….).

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fashion advice. 

I agree with the other poster, it just looks to technical to be worn casually. 

To each his own, though.

And by "too technical" he means "asinine". :nodding:

adebisi

Reaction score
My barbour x white mountaineering jackets SS15

atthebeach

Reaction score
I have the Barbour Ashby in medium, and I am looking for the Polarquilt liner. Would you suggest getting the liner in the same size or size down?

Skatenc123

Reaction score
I have the Barbour Ashby in medium, and I am looking for the Polarquilt liner. Would you suggest getting the liner in the same size or size down?

I have the Ashby in medium and sized down to a Small for the Liner. fits very well inside. I would try to find a store that carries them and try both a small and medium though.

Edward1

Reaction score
Hi ever body i'm edoardo from italy,i'm about to get my first bedale jacket from countryattire.com but i ve got some doubts regarding the size. Few days ago i tried a Beaufort on in a store (finding a bedale is not that easy in rome),it was a 36 and it looked fine,i looked at the sleeves in particular,since i know the Beaufort is longer than the bedale.so i was about to order a 36 but today i met a friend of mine Who was wearing a bedale;it was a vintage jacket (a105),same size of the Beaufort i tried on some days ago. He let me try it on but with my surprise i found it way smaller than the Beaufort (especially the sleeves were barely covering my wrists even if i was wearing only a t shirt). Now my question is: looking at the way the bedale fits me i think i could go even for a 38 but do you think i should "trust" the bedale fitting even if it is an old jacket?
P.s. Sorry if my english wasn't so proper!! :D

MrKaizen

Reaction score

Hi ever body i'm edoardo from italy,i'm about to get my first bedale jacket from countryattire.com but i ve got some doubts regarding the size. Few days ago i tried a Beaufort on in a store (finding a bedale is not that easy in rome),it was a 36 and it looked fine,i looked at the sleeves in particular,since i know the Beaufort is longer than the bedale.so i was about to order a 36 but today i met a friend of mine Who was wearing a bedale;it was a vintage jacket (a105),same size of the Beaufort i tried on some days ago. He let me try it on but with my surprise i found it way smaller than the Beaufort (especially the sleeves were barely covering my wrists even if i was wearing only a t shirt). Now my question is: looking at the way the bedale fits me i think i could go even for a 38 but do you think i should "trust" the bedale fitting even if it is an old jacket?
P.s. Sorry if my english wasn't so proper!! :D

I would get the 36. Don't think only about sleeves but at full fitting, a large bedale could end up like a tent.

Edward1

Reaction score
Thank you for your advices guys. Just ordered my bedale in green olive,size 36! Hope it is gonna be here before new year's eve;fingers crossed! :slayer:

kostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my barbour commander jacket and I'm very happy with it. However, it looks like the barbour x to ki to version had a detachable hood...which I would definitely appreciate. Does anyone know if getting a hood for the barbour commander jacket would be possible? Thanks.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my barbour commander jacket and I'm very happy with it. However, it looks like the barbour x to ki to version had a detachable hood...which I would definitely appreciate. Does anyone know if getting a hood for the barbour commander jacket would be possible? Thanks.

I doubt this would be possible without a custom tailoring job. IIRC, the to ki to version had a zipper around the collar that would connect to a hood (this zipper was removed in the movie skyfall even though bond was wearing the to ki to version).

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out my size in the SL Bedale. Although it was very trim fit on me, I think the Ashby in size M would be the correct size for me. I also wear a size 38 in the Beaufort and Border, but I guess those models don't say much about what size I should go for in the SL Bedale...

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Edit: just to clarify, I am a bit worried that a size M SL Bedale will be too slim fitting... Or maybe I am wrong?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads