• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

muddy250

Reaction score
Just ordered a Lutz from Country Attire in the 20% sale despite my reservations about the lack of breathability. Tried one on in house of fraser and while the medium was OK, I couldn't get a sweater under it. I have a Stanley in medium but have had to go large with the Lutz to get a little room for winter layers. Here's hoping this one works out.
For the record I'm 5-10 164lbs and 41" chest. Medium is perfect for summer, snug for winter.

Last edited:

Cadenza

Reaction score
Hi everyone, got a sizing question concerning the Bristol and the Ashby.

I tried an M-sized Bristol today, the sleeve length was absolutely perfect and the fit was spot-on. It had just a bit of extra space to fit a thicker sweater. The length seemed fine to me too as it was not a bumfreezer but not too long either. Still, the Ashby seems pretty smart too. Is the sizing on the Ashby similar to the Bristol, i.e. would an M-sized Ashby be close to the fit on the Bristol?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

roquesoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone, got a sizing question concerning the Bristol and the Ashby.

I tried an M-sized Bristol today, the sleeve length was absolutely perfect and the fit was spot-on. It had just a bit of extra space to fit a thicker sweater. The length seemed fine to me too as it was not a bumfreezer but not too long either. Still, the Ashby seems pretty smart too. Is the sizing on the Ashby similar to the Bristol, i.e. would an M-sized Ashby be close to the fit on the Bristol?

Thanks in advance!

Curious about this as well. Tried on a M Ashby and it fit great but was much too short for my liking.

roquesoon

Reaction score
Oh, also, just placed an order for a Barbour on End Clothing, shipping to the US. Order went through fine. Fingers crossed that I don't get an email tomorrow saying it was a mistake.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I ordered my Chelsea from End last year about this time … no problems. Good luck!

Badandy

Reaction score
Any places I can order for US delivery at better than retail prices? Having a tough time finding any places other than Orvis and North River Outfitters, both of which don't seem to discount Barbour...

Heading to NYC in a month and was looking to snag a Sapper before then.

Valere

Reaction score
Hi,

there has been quite a few posts about the fit of the bedale / bedale sl and ashby. I've ordered a Bedalse SL in sage and an Ashby in navy from countryattire.com

See photos below:

Bedale SL (Size S)

Ashby (Size S)

The Bedale SL is definitely slimmer.

What do you guys think about the fit? I will return one of the two but not sure which one yet.

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
Hi,

there has been quite a few posts about the fit of the bedale / bedale sl and ashby. I've ordered a Bedalse SL in sage and an Ashby in navy from countryattire.com

See photos below:

Ashby (Size S)

What do you guys think about the fit? I will return one of the two but not sure which one yet.
This one looks better on you.
Can you layer underneath it?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell from those pix really… they both look fine to me.

conqueror

Reaction score
it really helps if people post height/weight details as well, otherwise 'i'm wearing a size s' is kinda pointless.

stevefok

Reaction score
Hi,

See photos below:

Bedale SL (Size S)

Ashby (Size S)

The difference is minor and I prefer Bedale SL. How about the position of the armhole? They feel the same?

and can you post your height and weight for ref?

Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Valere

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion guys. Here are my measurements:

Height: 175 cm
Weight: 66 kg

I can definitely layer under the ashby. The Bedale Sl was fine with a shirt and sweater, but I would have struggled to wear it with a suit jacket.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads