• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone able to offer sizing advice on the HNW last? I take an 8E in both Alden Trubalance and Viberg 2040… I also have a White’s Semi-Dress in 9F that’s too long and too wide.
Might be good to talk to one of our fitters but it would be helpful if you have a sense of how wide or long, like is it 1/4” etc. With that said I would be fairly confident in an 8.5E

McQueen76

Reaction score
Might be good to talk to one of our fitters but it would be helpful if you have a sense of how wide or long, like is it 1/4” etc. With that said I would be fairly confident in an 8.5E

Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

It’s about 3/8” over the usual thumbnail width in the toe, and wide enough to wear a winter weight smartwool sock comfortably. I’d had an 8.5E in my mind, but needed a little reassurance. It’s a long wait.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone able to offer sizing advice on the HNW last? I take an 8E in both Alden Trubalance and Viberg 2040… I also have a White’s Semi-Dress in 9F that’s too long and too wide.
I talked to the team and they actually think an 8E would be the way to go.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Which color would you say you guys sell the most of? In general, not just W&C
Overall, it's about even between black and walnut work leathers. In heritage, it is definitely brown CXL though brown waxed flesh is making a strong push. In Wickett it's the medium brown.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We do not, unfortunately. It's probably the least popular of the W&C's for us (maybe because we don't have pics, hmm)

Well maybe I can solve that problem... ;-)

I had and sold a pair of Nick's stock Roberts a few years back in size 11D. They ended up being a touch narrow for me. I'm 10.5E in White's 55. Tried on White's 4811 in 11D and they were a little narrow. Have since bought a pair of 4811 in 11E and that works fine for me.

I'm a 11.5D Brannock.

What's my best bet for Nick's HNW? Should I go with 11E?

Also, for the Traveler style, do you offer a black 2021 on request or only the sand color?

Edit: Looks like you do offer black, brown, and sand 2021. So I could ask for any one of those colors on W&C Traveler?

Last edited:

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well maybe I can solve that problem... ;-)

I had and sold a pair of Nick's stock Roberts a few years back in size 11D. They ended up being a touch narrow for me. I'm 10.5E in White's 55. Tried on White's 4811 in 11D and they were a little narrow. Have since bought a pair of 4811 in 11E and that works fine for me.

I'm a 11.5D Brannock.

What's my best bet for Nick's HNW? Should I go with 11E?

Also, for the Traveler style, do you offer a black 2021 on request or only the sand color?

Edit: Looks like you do offer black, brown, and sand 2021. So I could ask for any one of those colors on W&C Traveler?
I would definitely go 11E

TyrLI

Reaction score
Overall, it's about even between black and walnut work leathers. In heritage, it is definitely brown CXL though brown waxed flesh is making a strong push. In Wickett it's the medium brown.
Between the walnut, black and 1964 I have, I think I like the 1964 leather the best. It's not as abrasion resistant as the walnut RO I have, but the parts that get beat up look prettier :cool:

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Between the walnut, black and 1964 I have, I think I like the 1964 leather the best. It's not as abrasion resistant as the walnut RO I have, but the parts that get beat up look prettier :cool:
Yes, this new leather has been a big hit and is gaining momentum quickly. Stay tuned...

TyrLI

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, 1964 leather takes a nice shine. This is just a brush shine with neutral kiwi

Attachments

• 20211205_163909.jpg
    20211205_163909.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 153

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads