• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fyi: there's still a 38 and 42 of these for $79 - all wool, partially lined, patch pockets. By a brand called "Reporter" that I've seen in the past (all made in Italy?) with OK-to-good quality stuffs. For $79

here: http://www.yoox.com/us/41341898UL/item?cod10=41341898UL#cod10=41341898UL&sizeId=

I have no idea about their sizing, so I got both a 40 and 42 and will send one back.

width

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

funny you mention that brand-couple of days ago i asked about it but no replies so far.

would you be able to share the info abou it, in particular, is still the same quality as here:http://www.styleforum.net/t/227233/reporter-brand-update-pics-added/15#post_6516903 ? thanks!

I'll share back once I get it (later this week) but I will say that I trust Sartorialism's judgement (the one who posted that thread and was a neat B&S seller for a time) and a number of the others in that thread. Whether this version still holds up to then, we'll see.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone ever ordered a suit or jacket from Yoox and gotten a Long sized one? Everything I've ordered from them has been a Reg and had to be returned.

Peurist

Reaction score

funny you mention that brand-couple of days ago i asked about it but no replies so far.

would you be able to share the info abou it, in particular, is still the same quality as here:http://www.styleforum.net/t/227233/reporter-brand-update-pics-added/15#post_6516903 ? thanks!

Reporter is made by the folks at Inghirami -- they make, among other things, Ingram, San Remo, Inghirami, Reporter and Peter & Sons, and recently acquired the Robert Friedman shirt brand from Fabrys SRL. It is all made in Italy, mid-market construction and fabrics. Of their brands, leaving aside Robert Friedman, Reporter is the slimmest fit and most fashion-forward. It is not super-slim as you may find in some other Italian brands, but it is cut nicely. It has been carried on occasion at Saks and Neiman Marcus in the U.S. It is certainly worth $79.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Reporter is made by the folks at Inghirami -- they make, among other things, Ingram, San Remo, Inghirami, Reporter and Peter & Sons, and recently acquired the Robert Friedman shirt brand from Fabrys SRL. It is all made in Italy, mid-market construction and fabrics. Of their brands, leaving aside Robert Friedman, Reporter is the slimmest fit and most fashion-forward. It is not super-slim as you may find in some other Italian brands, but it is cut nicely. It has been carried on occasion at Saks and Neiman Marcus in the U.S. It is certainly worth $79.

Many thanks for the info but now you've got me excited that I'm going to get lucky with a gem; we'll see...

Peurist

Reaction score
It's nice stuff, you just have to be careful with a lot of the Inghirami items, as they tend to make more classic cuts, and often produce for the Italian wedding market, which is why you'll see items with a lot of sheen and made out of viscose and the like. Glad to help out on any additional questions you may have on them or any other random brands -- I run a small business in this area, and have experience either dealing with these companies directly or in many cases have bought their items. I happened to meet with an Inghirami rep last month, and may be headed to their warehouse in a few months if things work out.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's nice stuff, you just have to be careful with a lot of the Inghirami items, as they tend to make more classic cuts, and often produce for the Italian wedding market, which is why you'll see items with a lot of sheen and made out of viscose and the like. Glad to help out on any additional questions you may have on them or any other random brands -- I run a small business in this area, and have experience either dealing with these companies directly or in many cases have bought their items. I happened to meet with an Inghirami rep last month, and may be headed to their warehouse in a few months if things work out.

You doing any tuxedos?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad to help out on any additional questions you may have on them or any other random brands

Does Reporter run small compared to US sizes? I find that I need to size up on a lot of Italian brands (Barena for example, and anything I have tried on yoox that was an unknown Italian brand).

What do you know about Pennesi? I bought some of their suits and they seem to be a good value.

Peurist

Reaction score

You doing any tuxedos?

I have some Gazzarrini tuxedos that will be available in a few weeks, but only a handful. If you're a size 38/48EU and like something a bit more fashion-forward, you're in luck.

Does Reporter run small compared to US sizes? I find that I need to size up on a lot of Italian brands (Barena for example, and anything I have tried on yoox that was an unknown Italian brand).

What do you know about Pennesi? I bought some of their suits and they seem to be a good value.

Reporter will run you how all Italian items should fit (I'm partial to a proper slim fit being a skinny guy myself) - Drop 7, generally high arm holes, tapered in the midsection, etc... but it is not too severe.

Pennesi is likely to run you a bit smaller than even the Reporter items. Pennesi is one of the house labels of Copen Group. I sell their main line, Royal Hem, at PEURIST, and it is good stuff. They also make/have made for Romeo Gigli, Alessandro Dell'acqua and Ferre. They are currently in the process of building a men's line for Baldinini (the shoe company). Certainly on par with items from Inghirami/Reporter. Difference being is that the cut is generally much more slim for the Royal Hem and Pennsi lines, particularly in the arms and pants, but that varies. If you're buying a suit and you can see the measurement on the pant leg opening, you should be able to get an idea of how the suit will fit overall - anything 7 inches or less tends to be VERY slim; 7.5-7.75 inches is about normal - slim, but not too severe; anything above 7.75 inches is likely to vary.

Hope that helps.

AE7

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this information, sir. Would you know if Reporter still features handstiching and other nice detailing?

Its logistically and economically hard to order/return stuff to Yoox from where I live.

Thanks!

Last edited:

AE7

Reaction score
And, perhaps, you may also know a few a things about MichelAngelo, Hilton, and Coltorti brands?
Thanks again, really amazed with the knowledge you have on these local Italian products.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics