• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE7

Reaction score
BTW, I purchased summer pants by Peter and Sons in Bari, they are nice in quality and construction, but made in China, not Italy.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's nice stuff, you just have to be careful with a lot of the Inghirami items, as they tend to make more classic cuts, and often produce for the Italian wedding market, which is why you'll see items with a lot of sheen and made out of viscose and the like. Glad to help out on any additional questions you may have on them or any other random brands -- I run a small business in this area, and have experience either dealing with these companies directly or in many cases have bought their items. I happened to meet with an Inghirami rep last month, and may be headed to their warehouse in a few months if things work out.

Yoox should hire you to stay here and answer questions! Or, rather, you need your own affiliate thread for info like this instead of helping yoox out :fistbump:

Peurist

Reaction score

And, perhaps, you may also know a few a things about MichelAngelo, Hilton, and Coltorti brands?
Thanks again, really amazed with the knowledge you have on these local Italian products.

Can't tell you about the details on the Reporter items beyond what I already know. As for the other two -- Michelangelo is an upper mid-market brand -- uses better fabrics, slightly better construction (http://www.michelangelospa.com/). Hilton is a brand owned by Tombolini, decent quality, on par w/Reporter and the like, but slightly lower quality than the Tombolini main line. To the best of my knowledge, Coltorti is a boutique with locations in the U.S. and Italy (http://www.boutiquecoltorti.it), and the items being sold are likely a house label.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Disagree. I'll take useful info on underappreciated brands anywhere I can get it. Plus this is highly relevant to this thread, as Peurist is providing info on obscure brands Yoox stocks heavily.

thisfits

Reaction score

Guys, let's not turn this thread into general discussion on obscure brands. We have other threads for that.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/12804/yoox-which-are-your-favorite-unknown-brands

I sympathize with your sentiments, but that thread's had like five posts over the past two years. The list of brands you can find on Yoox has changed quite a bit since then. I'm all for discussions of Yoox brands in this thread, as it's easily the most active Yoox thread on StyleForum and I'm sure there are a lot of knowledgeable folks keeping an eye on it.

I appreciate Peurist for piping up; I've been eyeing Reporter myself.

Displacement

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with "Shirts & Ties"? I seem to come back to their product time after time but have never seen a review due to the google-averse name. Some of their jackets are cashmere or silk blends and they're seriously expensive before the big drops hit.

AE7

Reaction score

Can't tell you about the details on the Reporter items beyond what I already know. As for the other two -- Michelangelo is an upper mid-market brand -- uses better fabrics, slightly better construction (http://www.michelangelospa.com/). Hilton is a brand owned by Tombolini, decent quality, on par w/Reporter and the like, but slightly lower quality than the Tombolini main line. To the best of my knowledge, Coltorti is a boutique with locations in the U.S. and Italy (http://www.boutiquecoltorti.it), and the items being sold are likely a house label.

Thank you very much, honestly.

Coltorti is an interesting beast. Boutique in Floride consigns suits in Italy??? I guess I'll place an order an report back.

AE7

Reaction score

Rusty

Reaction score
yeah, Adriano & Sons went out of business about a year ago. Keep wondering if the Fracassi kids will get something else going under a different name.

Last edited:

cv123

Reaction score
does anyone know if seasonal sale (not sample sale) ever go to 85% off (further drop)? just wondering when they will begin pulling sale items. thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads