• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Object Research - The Aitor Throup Thread

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Mongolia articulated jacket better, but this is amazing nonetheless.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Shiva the catch-all name for the 'small' sized skull bags?

The boiled wool bag -- which looks amazing -- and the big knapsack both say they are pre-order (and are letting me add to cart), which one is sold out?

2190 EUR is a big increase, though -- that's $3K, still over $2400 with VAT deducted. Last fall they were $1700 most places and $1200 on Antonioli. Two cranium zips, though, know if anything else changed?

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh? When I had a look earlier in the week it said sold out. Maybe was a glitch as they get ready to go live with the collection.

Yes, Shiva bag is the catch-all name for the smaller skull bags (as far as I am aware!) since the bags are from the "When Football Hooligans Become Hindu Gods" narrative.

Apparently the price increase is to reflect the improvements made to the original released design and to ensure they make money since they apparently lost money on the first set produced (got this info off of the Aitor thread on SZ).

The one I have is definitely a work of art for sure though and the new main compartment opening and new zippers (they look different from the previous iteration) and considering they are all put together by hand, I could sort of see why the price would need to go up. Whether or not that level of an increase is justified is open for debate of course (and our respective pockets, lol).

I would also not be surprised if they changed the d-ring attachments as well as the paint on mine is flaking off right now.

I found an intern's blog page on tumblr a while ago and he was talking about Aitor's garments being sewn in mid-air in 3 dimensions. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don´t know if this was posted already, but atelier has some items in stock.

http://ateliernewyork.com/designers/aitor-throup/?pid=64138

Those pants, jc
drool.gif

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ccp was a friend of mine and you, mr. throup, are no ccl

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm keeping my hopes pretty low.

Website is great. So nice to have all that stuff (and more) finally gathered in one place.

SuEd

Reaction score
Yeah I'm keeping my hopes pretty low.

There are four gloves; one may be more wallet friendly. I suspect H Lorenzo might offer a pair as it's in the background of a preview picture. It's good to finally see a price tag on some of these items as that's finally a target to save towards. If A.T. keeps true to his manifesto then items should be available each season and we'll have a better chance of eventually picking one up.

I'm a bit concerned about sizing. Is it true the stockists are only receiving the items in size M?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are four gloves; one may be more wallet friendly. I suspect H Lorenzo might offer a pair as it's in the background of a preview picture. It's good to finally see a price tag on some of these items as that's finally a target to save towards. If A.T. keeps true to his manifesto then items should be available each season and we'll have a better chance of eventually picking one up.

I'm a bit concerned about sizing. Is it true the stockists are only receiving the items in size M?

This is one of the things that makes me really excited about his business model. The idea that a piece of clothing can be saved up for and purchased like picking up an Eames chair or some other expensive design object. That anxiety associated with looking at something you want and hoping it hits sales and gets into your price bracket is no longer there.

H.Lorenzo's buy is live on their site right now and a lot of the pieces come in multiple sizes from what I can see so the "M" sizing may be a Rails thing or just buyer specific.

Website is really good too. Makes it so much easier having detailed info about the construction and materials used in each piece easily accessible :slayer:.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you planning on getting anything from the current stock, Iwvri? Or might you be waiting for some other items to come out?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads