• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Object Research - The Aitor Throup Thread

DXB

Reaction score
I feel like you need to own like three to really pull it off. Amazing though. How much was retail?

Last edited:

jwjp

Reaction score
That's precisely why Ivwri should buy another one :devil:

Retail was a little bit less than he's asking.

DXB

Reaction score
Buying a set of a few with maybe a smaller one to act as a strapped up wallet would make it at lot easier to swallow I think. Really awesome stuff by this fellow though. Haven't been this excited about design since I was introduced to Rick Owens...

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FW13 items up for preorder on railso

Grey fishbone wool articulated jacket

Backpack

High tech paratrooper jacket

Lead highly engineered short jacket

Lead highly engineered twisting seam trousers

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up sipang. I have been drooling over that paratrooper jacket for a while now so it is great to see it not only worn but with so many views as well. Price is eye-watering as I had been told. Lol.

EDIT - Decided to add something a little bit more substantive to my post.

Apparently the rings above the pockets on the "paratrooper" jacket are there so that one can attach the shiva skull bag to it (I am also pretty sure it is possible to use them in conjunction with the bigger skull backpack as well). So, DXB's idea of having three shiva bags on the go is definitely something Aitor considered in the design of this, hehe. Guess that makes the jacket a Shiva jacket by association?

A lot of the clothing is pretty modular and can be attached and detached to one another in different ways.

The jacket is made from a nylon power mesh and so should be breathable and light enough to wear during warmer months (he wore it during the launch in L.A earlier in the year -

Seeing the clothes like this really makes his clothing even more impressive. The shape and arrangement of the pockets on the jacket with that awesome hood pocket (I wonder if that is a functional hood tucked away there) looks like nothing else out there. The fishtail coat looks great and the whole thing has a very nice shape (albeit on a static model).

Of course, the real test will be in the wearing an hopefully all his studies of anatomy and such will mean the clothing should feel like a second skin. Looking forward to impressions from people soon.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want everything except for the pants (I hate that tapered ****, sorry Aitor).

I cannot afford anything though.

seriously though, that paratrooper jacket. It just makes every pleb version of a M-65 seem both under-designed and overdesigned. argh

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be able to afford one of those extra pockets sold separately. Balling.

Needs a SISP/ACR -like video demo, the pictures are nice because it means that the stuff is real at last but they do a pretty poor job at showing what makes it so special.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Needs a SISP/ACR -like video demo, the pictures are nice because it means that the stuff is real at last but they do a pretty poor job at showing what makes it so special.

I'd like to see something like that. I think at these prices a good chunk of their buyers are going to be the patrons who actually go to his shows and get to see his stuff in person.

actually that sounds kinda dogmatic I suppose. Even rich people have a tumblr.

Last edited:

chinesealpha

Reaction score
For the ultimate poor man's version of the paratrooper jacket, check out the 60s / 70s Swiss alpenflage parka.

Hideous camo pattern, 100 pockets of varying sizes, decidedly non "high-tech" fabric (cotton twill), clip-on detatchable backpack, rollaway mesh sniper veil (also in alpenflage!), helmet clip, double storm cuffs, Riri zips!

Aitor version is probably nicer, though it appears to lack a bayonet pocket. And is approx 3750 Euro more expenssssive.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually went to go look for it today for that reason but the spot I went to was "closed early for a staff event." lame. will most likely flip through it while malingering in the store but if I pick it up I'll post it here

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow.

Sick. Sick. Sick.

I really like the changes to the shiva bag, I would definitely have been interested in picking it up in a different fabric, shame the price has basically more than doubled. Over on SZ, someone said that AT apparently lost money on the SS13 version and had to increase the prices for it to make sense for them. Pretty crazy.

The rest of Rails' buy is here - http://www.railso.com/taxonomy/term/502/0?tid[]=848&sort-order=name

There are also some preview photos up on H.Lorenzo as well showing their buy but the pictures are pretty poor.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Madness. For some reason I didn't expect the the paratrooper veil to be see through (although, reading back, you did say it was power mesh :/) ) since it's always shown worn over the stockwell. Really liking the contrast between the suggested heaviness/busyness of the jacket design and the lightness/evanescence of the fabric.

Last edited:

fireflygrave

Reaction score
Man that is incredible. Now if only I had $6200 to spend on it :wow:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads