1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*NEED HELP WITH PROM*

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brbatthegym, Apr 9, 2013.

1. brbatthegym

brbatthegym New Member

Hello all! New guy here on the SF.

I did a couple of quick searches about what to wear for prom and what I'm getting is that I should not wear a black jacket?

My date is wearing a gray dress so I am matching her with a gray skinny tie.
    I already have a nice pair of black pants, black shoes and a white dress shirt so I'm just wondering what color jacket I should go with?

Gray or Navy or what?

I don't want to be looking a scrub at Prom.

Thanks in Advance !!!

2. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

Well now, ideally you would wear a suit. A suit consists of trousers and jacket (and sometimes waistcoat) made out of the same cloth. Get one in navy or charcoal grey. Black suits are frowned upon in these parts. A nice navy or grey one you'll also be able to wear to weddings, funerals, job interviews, court appearances and other important occasions.

However, it's only a prom and if you don't have to money for a new suit don't sweat it.