• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

Monkey

Reaction score
I emailed him April 1st and got a reply same day. We've since worked out the details for the boots I want made and I sent him my deposit via paypal today.

It takes 8-10 weeks to make a pair. You can send him pictures to give him an idea of the sytle and colour you want. Once you've settled on the details he'll get you to take measurements of your leg (if you're getting a boot made) and you send off a deposit.

Price is £290 pound per pair if he has no pattern already made in your size a pattern would be £30 extra.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So who does everyone think this guy used to work for? EG was my bet, but that sole treatment is rather bizarre.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
So who does everyone think this guy used to work for?
I suspect people don't care much about this ...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monkey
I emailed him April 1st and got a reply same day. We've since worked out the details for the boots I want made and I sent him my deposit via paypal today.

It takes 8-10 weeks to make a pair. You can send him pictures to give him an idea of the sytle and colour you want. Once you've settled on the details he'll get you to take measurements of your leg (if you're getting a boot made) and you send off a deposit.

Price is £290 pound per pair if he has no pattern already made in your size a pattern would be £30 extra.

So what'd you get?

Monkey

Reaction score
Bal boots similar to the Shannon II. I've asked him to send me photos of the process, so I'll do what AnGeLiCbOrIs is doing and post them here as I get them.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
I suspect people don't care much about this ...

Well it would certainly make a difference to me. Say he worked 30 years at Loake, or perhaps 30 years at Lobb. Which one would you prefer?

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
Has anyone who has emailed had a reply from the chap?

I have - we've already worked out the colour, sole, and style (basically modelled on the Shannon). I'm about to send him photos of the shades of burgundy I'd like, and then work out a date to send him the deposit. I'm not in as much of a rush for mine, so we've settled on Autumn (a birthday present to myself!)

Angel - did he send you those photos on request, or is this a typical thing he does? I would definitely love photos of mine in production. EDIT - I see that you can request photos. I'll do this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads