• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellum
I'm curious about the fitting. Do you specify (or pick among a selection of) a last and size, knowing that it fits you well, or is it something else?

I was told that it fits exactly like the EG 202 last.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
*checks thread*

drool.gif

£355 for MTO Balmoral boots? If he's making them on the equivalent of the 202 last I've finally found my pair.

If he'll make them, that is.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The maker's email address is cliff.roberts7 [at] ntlworld [dot] com. His name is Cliff Roberts.

Here is his description of the last. I am waiting to hear back about whether he has all popular sizes.

As i tell everyone one who asks me in regards to sizing i work on my own lasts registered to me, they are similar to the 202 last for fit . My lasts are slightly wider in the toe area of the shoe for a more comfortable fit.
I only use the ref to the 202 to help people who have no way of trying on my shoes but have access to try on shoes made on the 202 last.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Response:

Any size.
If i do not have the size last required, I have a pair made at no cost to the buyer.
If i already have the pattern for the required size it is £290.00 per pair of shoes, if i have to have a pattern made up it is £30.00 extra.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr. Daniells is going to be a very busy man.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amnon, is shipping to the US included in that price?

Does he do good year welt?

What is estimated time from start to finish?

What color leathers does he have access to?

Thanks

Gherkins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
They are based on Gherkins' Shannon V with Beaulieu toecap.

img2140km8.jpg

This makes me proud. Seriously.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Amnon, is shipping to the US included in that price? Does he do good year welt? * Looks like it to me. What is estimated time from start to finish? *It takes six weeks on average. I ordered mine on January 28 and they will be finished on April 3rd. It could be that they took a bit longer since he cut an original pattern for me. What color leathers does he have access to? *Dunno. I told him what I wanted and he did it. Thanks
img_up_arrow.gif

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet!
need to save up for it now

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great find and thanks for posting the process!

Are Balmoral boots his specialty or can he also do Jodphurs?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Damn, I wanted to order something from this guy later in the year (when I was sure of what I wanted) but I guess it's over now that sf have put them greedy paws on him. 2 yrs backlog here I come.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads