• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does Momotaro make any jeans that fit similar to APC Petit Standard?

Not really. More of a repro brand. Again, 705 would be closest.

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on some 201's from Okayama finally. Now the long wait until they arrive!

Ponyboy312

Reaction score
I'm torn between these and maybe getting a pair of 0201's for a smaller more fitted leg opening.
Let me know via PM if you do. I have a pair of Sz 32 201s that I've worn 4 times w/one 1hr pre-wear soak, no wash, no fades, no dirt. I've gained alot of weight since I bought them so they just sit in my closet. I'd be down to trade. Let me know.

Last edited:

arced

Reaction score
Has anyone done a collaboration using the Copper Labels? I've been searching, but I haven't found any.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone done a collaboration using the Copper Labels? I've been searching, but I haven't found any.

Not that I know of.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I've tried the others, but the copper labels fit me the best (and I'm wearing out my current pair).

Which cut? Might find something you like in the GTB Label or a shop that offers One Wash Momotaro's.

arced

Reaction score

Which cut? Might find something you like in the GTB Label or a shop that offers One Wash Momotaro's.

I tried on the GTBs, among others, at the Momotaro shop in Koenji. None fit as well as the copper labels. As I've put a lot of wear into them so far, I've been thinking about my next pair. I was thinking a collaboration pair would be cool, but I guess no one is doing one. I also quickly searched in Japanese, but I couldn't find any shops in Japan doing one either.

castroda

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on the brink of buying my first pair of Momo's and would appreciate a little advice/experience...I'm looking at either the 0202 or the 0702. The thing is, my actual waist is 35", and I have fairly large thighs at 24". I'm 5'11" and fairly stocky, but athletic. So the question is, which of the following do you think would fit best:

1) 0202 - 34" waist

2) 0702 - 34" waist

3) 0702 - 36" waist

I guess I'm looking for the slimmest fit possible without it being ridiculously tight on the thighs etc. I would therefore ideally like to get the 0702, not only because they're slimmer fitting but also they're easier to find online. I understand that Momo's don't shrink too much, but I'm still worried that it might be easier getting into Fort Knox after the first wash...

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would stick with the size 36 on the 0702. My experience is that they run fairly small. The topblock isn't very generously sized. This and the fact Momotaro's are known for their tight weave, make it somehow impossible to fit guys with a build somewhat above average. It is wise to size up.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Mistral! Really appreciate the advice :)

I echo Mistral completely. I'm only 6', but have the same 35" hips where I wear jeans and large thighs. I love my 702s in the 36 - enough thigh room while keeping the narrow hem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics