• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
702s? look too big to me.

mine tightened just a smidge on their first machine wash but stretched out again to the original size.

Last edited:

ErikW

Reaction score
Is this a good fit?? The jeans are beautiful but they're baggier than I expected, especially around the waist...will they/can I shrink them much?

Again, absolutely beautiful jeans, just wonder if they're too big...!

(ps apologies for the grimy pictures...)

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... the 34's will be too small. I would return them and opt for an other cut. The 0202 has a more forgiving topblock whilst maintaining a slim silhouette, due to the taper.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@castroda__ yeah, from your description, i was afraid of that.
don't even try hot soaking ... 702 is not your cut ... just exchange them, man.
Hi all,

I'm on the brink of buying my first pair of Momo's and would appreciate a little advice/experience...I'm looking at either the 0202 or the 0702.  The thing is, my actual waist is 35", and I have fairly large thighs at 24". I'm 5'11" and fairly stocky, but athletic.  So the question is, which of the following do you think would fit best:

1) 0202 - 34" waist

2) 0702 - 34" waist

3) 0702 - 36" waist

I guess I'm looking for the slimmest fit possible without it being ridiculously tight on the thighs etc.  I would therefore ideally like to get the 0702, not only because they're slimmer fitting but also they're easier to find online. I understand that Momo's don't shrink too much, but I'm still worried that it might be easier getting into Fort Knox after the first wash...
sometimes "ideal" does not mean it's practical. the 202 has a longer back rise ... IMO better cut for your built.

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reason I first stated he should pick the 07's over the 02's was in regard the fit he was looking for. In those terms the 07xx is the best "advice". Though in this case the fit isn't suitable for him. IIIrd was right from the beginning with his advice, as sizing down on tightly woven denim like Momotaro isn't a good idea.

Long story short, exchange for the 0202 if you want deep indigo goodness or opt for a pair of PBJ's if you like them also.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great price but i can't see how this won't be a total clusterf*ck. based on sizing issues, and even the difference between same tagged pairs of jeans.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

great price but i can't see how this won't be a total clusterf*ck. based on sizing issues, and even the difference between same tagged pairs of jeans.

Momotaros, from what I've experienced, are sized rather consistently - esp. compared to other brands. Not sure what sizing issues you're referring to.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Momotaros, from what I've experienced, are sized rather consistently - esp. compared to other brands. Not sure what sizing issues you're referring to.

i was referring to "amateurs" logging on to the website and choosing the same size they wear in banana republic... and so forth.

but now that you mention it, i did have trouble with my 702s. if i remember correctly, i tried on 34 (same as i wear in 705) in BiG and it was too tight. ended up with a "larger" 33 from Jay (after getting measurements for several pairs) that was perfect.

explorator

Reaction score
i totally agree. there were a bunch of issues in the japan blue massdrop because of the sizing. maybe they learned from them?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tropics__ 702 lot that 1st came out were under-sized [ie, shrunk below tagged], so 'twas an automatic size down ... vs the usual TTS on the 701s.

Having a W33 that fitted was an anomaly. I tried to squeeze into a TTS @W33 [cuz I was thinking since denim was fully sanforized],
when instinct told me to size up :( ... dude in Seattle is wearing them now

castroda

Reaction score
Guys, thank you so much for your advice...I took off the tags prematurely and I'm pretty sure I can't return them at this point...so have decided to keep them. What would be the best way to get them to fit a bit better? I know these things don't shrink much...

Thanks too for the PBJ's tip, think I'll make those my next pair!

ErikW

Reaction score
Guys, thank you so much for your advice...I took off the tags prematurely and I'm pretty sure I can't return them at this point...so have decided to keep them. What would be the best way to get them to fit a bit better? I know these things don't shrink much...

Personally, I'd sell them - they're not going to shrink much at all and no tailor is going to be able to make those fit great.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot wash and tumble dry might do the trick, although they likely stretch back to original measurements.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's not what you want to hear, but those look like they will never fit properly. how much room exactly do you have in the waist? can you fit a hand in there? i'm sure most of us can relate, i've tried to make pairs work in the past when i knew in my heart they were just wrong. better to take the initial hit and move on.

how are the thighs? you could consider getting a size or two down on that massdrop site.

ETA - as mistral says, you could try wash + dry but that will lower any potential resale value.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member