• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

dappertimes

Reaction score
@kaplac It's not that bad because pea coats tend to look nice with a broader shoulder anyway. But try tapering the back of the coat to get it to fit you better and maybe the sleeves also. Nice coat, by the way!

Last edited:

pipeburst

Reaction score

How does this look? I feel like it fits perfectly, minus the sleeves being a touch too long but you can't see that in the picture.

Edit: this is my sterlingwear authentic that came in the mail today

Last edited:

Nathan84

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Below are two photos with my recently purchased RL denim & supply navy classic pea coat (there is also black version). As you see It's slim fit. I want to consult with you regarding sleeve length. It seems a little too short or for slim fit cut it's acceptable, what do you think?
Thanks in advance

P.S
In case somebody interested in purchasing same pea coat
I bought size Medium
160lbs
6.1ft

Last edited:

drilzzz

Reaction score
Good day everyone. I received my 10 button WW2 peacoat today in the mail and wanted to get some feed back about the fit, look, and etcetera. Overall, I am happy with the coat since I have been looking for over a year to find an original piece with the right measurements. Anyhow, the pit to pit in the ad said 19” but its more of 19.5"-19.75”. My questions are how do I clean the coat and how do I get rid of the wrinkled collar. Also, the coat seems a bit boxy when unbuttoned (maybe tailor a little?) and the wool feels a bit stiff/new (maybe a good thing). Im a newbie so take it easy on me lol.

emiristol

Reaction score
it looks pretty nice when buttoned--if the piece has not been cleaned in some time, get it dry cleaned, and as for the lapels, you can probably ask someone to iron them out. a double breasted coat will never look as good as a SB unbuttoned simply because of the excess fabric. this is probably the best you can do

Peacoat

Reaction score
Looks like a good fit to me. Try misting the collar to get wrinkles out. Don't worry that it looks boxy when unbuttoned; peacoats aren't made to be worn that way.

Use a one way fabric brush to clean it. The brush will have two sides, each side will be for brushing one way. But first get it dry cleaned. That will get rid of any unwanted bugs, and will give the coat a very nice finish.

Is the tag size a 36? Surprised to see a WWII coat with a p2p measurement that large. Normally, just a little over 19".

Congratulations on a good find.

indigoroots

Reaction score
Would love advice on the fit of this peacoat. A few specific areas of concern:

1) Just got the waist taken in but it looks lopsided at the bottom. Anyone else see this or is it just me?
2) Should I have the waist taken in even more? Only plan to wear this coat with thin sweater + dress shirt as in the pictures. No need to have a suit fit underneath.
3) Armhole opening too wide at the wrist?
4) Armhole too wide from the elbow to the shoulder? If so, should I ask the tailor to take fabric away from the bicep side or the tricep side?

Thanks!

*note: xpost with tailor feedback thread

Last edited:

drilzzz

Reaction score
it looks pretty nice when buttoned--if the piece has not been cleaned in some time, get it dry cleaned, and as for the lapels, you can probably ask someone to iron them out. a double breasted coat will never look as good as a SB unbuttoned simply because of the excess fabric. this is probably the best you can do
Thanks for giving me some feedback. Its going to the cleaners today and hoping I ca get used to the size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads