• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tiemuuu

Reaction score
Toes and the top of my foot as well when I walk, but I did go half size down to the Hiro's too, so maybe not the best person to advise...
So Elton isn't wider around the toes compared to the Hiros you would say? that's a shame - I guess I am locked into buying Loake next unless Meermin starts to make shoes in the New Ray last again.

Suetonius

Reaction score
I see Meermin have a new website. What are people's thoughts?

My impressions are a bit mixed - they still have the Norvegese section but there's nothing in it, they've added shell with nothing in it and I recently bought a pair of copper antique oxfords, the colour of them is nothing like what it is in their new photo. The old MTO groups appear to be gone, which is annoying because I have once or twice requested something to come back.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The website looks like a work in progress now, no doubt it will be fleshed out in the coming days and weeks. I do like the standardized photos for each model. I also don't remember them carrying women's shoes in the past. Hopefully they will bring back the list of previous MTO models since that was a helpful catalog.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I like what I see with the new site but am hoping it is still a work in progress. I also noticed the cordovan and Norvogese options under the Linea Meastro line and really hope they add some standard models to those categories.

stylenewb33

Reaction score
hello guys i hope you can help me. I tried doing a google search but had trouble finding specific answers. If i wear carmina Capetown (rain last) size 8, and Austerity brogue oxford (simpson last) size 8 1/2. What size Meermin Elton last should i get. Again i sincerely apologize if this has already been answered.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who want to see the old MTOs: http://web.archive.org/web/20170405054959/https://meermin.es/listaGruposMTO.php

I preferred the old design. I really dislike this trend of fattening web pages which hijack scroll in strange ways and use big fonts and tons of space, forcing a scroll to see more than 10% of the content. We are not children learning to read. (http://idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm)

It's because everyone wants to be "device-friendly", forgetting that people actually use real computers and not phones for their internet surfing.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's because everyone wants to be "device-friendly", forgetting that people actually use real computers and not phones for their internet surfing.

Is it just me or did they axe a lot of inventory when they switched over? Was thinking about some snuff sued quarter brogues and they appear to have up and runofft.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did see a lot of stuff get pared off it seems. /shrug

Suetonius

Reaction score

Is it just me or did they axe a lot of inventory when they switched over?  Was thinking about some snuff sued quarter brogues and they appear to have up and runofft. 

Think you're right, which is a shame because in my view they've got far too few options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads