• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMD500

Reaction score
Hmmm, yeah 2 weeks is kinda long, to be fair. Meermin should probably do an auto-reply if they know they'll be out for a while.

yes, 2 weeks is long, but no doubt I got a little dramatic there. Like I said in my "making amends post", they are a great company with typically great customer service.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It`s too bad they will not ship their shoes regular mail courier instead of FedEx from their Ebay store. I would certainly grab a pair.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen I need your help. I feel that I'm fighting a loosing battle against dryness in my two Shinki Cherry Shell Cordovan shoes. The dryness appears in the creases that comes in the edge of the rolls. I do the MacMethod ritual after each wear brushing [COLOR=222222]vigorously [/COLOR]for 3-5 minutes on each shoe.

I have tried to remedy the dryness with Saphir Renovateur, Saphir Nappa (Note to others don't use Nappa on shell it makes it worse!) and a Deer bone. While Saphir Renovateur and the deer bone both provide temporary relief I still feel that this is only going down hill. It will only be a matter of time before I start seeing deep tearing and cracks in the creases.

Please share what you have done to fight this issue. The patina of this shell is so gorgeous they are worth fighting for. 

@AlexHffK A bit late but mac method really shouldn't be used for shoes outside of Alden. Most other brands do not apply a layer of acrylic glaze over their shoes. I'd recommend just a little bit of lexol / bick 4 to moisturize then maybe Saphir cordovan creme to moisturize. Reno and excessive brushing is going to dry the shell out.

edit: did the chameleon split toes get enough orders? Really wanted to get that but Hiro doesn't fit me

Last edited:

Southeasterly

Reaction score
Bick 4 seems to do a nice job on the cherry shell. The Shinki shell is distinctly different from Horween and seems to absorb water and conditioner much more easily. I've had to touch up a few spots with neutral wax polish and I can't imagine ever doing that on my Horween shell shoes.

chadagap

Reaction score
Hi guys, not going to excuse anyone, or any behavior but there were 3 holidays in Spain by these days, all of them religion related. The last holiday is next Tuesday.

Perhaps they closed for a few days?

I got a reply today from them. My MTO is delayed by 2 to 3 weeks. Maybe thats why they were slow to reply. They are compensating with free shoe trees..

Bruges

Reaction score
I recently moved to Geneva. I bought shoes 285,11 € excluding VAT at Meermin, shipping to Switzerland. Total bill after taxes was 48 euros, which is +- 16% on top. Just for information

Skelnik

Reaction score
I just had a great experience with Meermin customer service. I contacted them about a particular request and was absolutely blown away by their response. All I can say is that they exceeded my expectations and they have won a customer for life! If anyone has any reservations about their commitment to their customers let me just say that they absolutely do. I am very happy with them and their kind gesture.

Thank you Meermin!

SidewinderX

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one of the boots currently on the site, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with the Hiro last. I have a pair of boots in Olfe and a pair of oxfords on the Park last, both at 9UK. They're both comfortable, but a tad loose. I've heard Hiro is roomier, so I'm struggling with whether or not I should size down to 8.5UK for Hiro boots. Any advice?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one of the boots currently on the site, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with the Hiro last. I have a pair of boots in Olfe and a pair of oxfords on the Park last, both at 9UK. They're both comfortable, but a tad loose. I've heard Hiro is roomier, so I'm struggling with whether or not I should size down to 8.5UK for Hiro boots. Any advice?
No, stick to 9UK if not 9.5. I have a pair of oxfords (Hiro) in 7,5 UK and they're still giving me a bit of heel slippage. My boots (Hiro), though are in 8 UK and fit me just nicely. For reference, I also wear 7UK for Rui last.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like this Meermin boots a lot https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4643#

According to they info, the Rui last is:

L 314 mm shoe outsole - 9.5UK

W 110 mm shoe outsole - 9.5UK

L 296 mm last insole - 9.5UK

W 105 mm last insole - 9.5UK

Foot 27.4 cm - 9.5UK

My foot measures 27.5 cm so I think that should fit nicely. Anyone has these boots? Would the size be correct? I wear 9UK in Uetam, 9.5UK in Rain and 10US in Red Wing.

AlexHffK

Reaction score
I like this Meermin boots a lot https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4643#

According to they info, the Rui last is:

L 314 mm shoe outsole - 9.5UK

W 110 mm shoe outsole - 9.5UK

L 296 mm last insole - 9.5UK

W 105 mm last insole - 9.5UK

Foot 27.4 cm - 9.5UK

My foot measures 27.5 cm so I think that should fit nicely. Anyone has these boots? Would the size be correct? I wear 9UK in Uetam, 9.5UK in Rain and 10US in Red Wing.
For me Rui and Rain fits very similar same size. Differences are that Rain has more room in the heel and a small bit more room for the vamp.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me Rui and Rain fits very similar same size. Differences are that Rain has more room in the heel and a small bit more room for the vamp.

Nice! Thanks! Sadly, they don't have the one I liked in 9.5 UK
frown.gif

Would need to check one in the Hiro Last, according to them 9.5 UK will fit nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads