• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here received their September ordered MTOs yet?

Mine still haven't arrived and due date was November.

N. Group: [211] - 101534 - GREEN ANTIQUE CALF
https://meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=218

pine tree

Reaction score
I got my September MTO that was due on November. It came with free shoe cream. Anyway it was a dark brown Norvegeese boot. Shoe isn't perfect, but at least it doesn't look like some second hand trash which is a relief considering how long I have waited. Will provide pics later.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my September MTO that was due on November. It came with free shoe cream. Anyway it was a dark brown Norvegeese boot. Shoe isn't perfect, but at least it doesn't look like some second hand trash which is a relief considering how long I have waited. Will provide pics later.

Did you see the pics that I posted of the dark brown norvegese boot? Do your looking anything like those?

pine tree

Reaction score

Did you see the pics that I posted of the dark brown norvegese boot?  Do your looking anything like those?
There are similarities. Of course I was expecting the worst thinking that they would rush this out without inspecting because of the delay. It is Meermin. I wouldn't say your boot is bad by any means. I got it because of the value, not the workmanship. If I wanted the later, I might have to go to Edward green and shell out twice the amount I paid for this one lol.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are similarities. Of course I was expecting the worst thinking that they would rush this out without inspecting because of the delay. It is Meermin. I wouldn't say your boot is bad by any means. I got it because of the value, not the workmanship. If I wanted the later, I might have to go to Edward green and shell out twice the amount I paid for this one lol.
His boot was pretty damn bad. Not representative of photos at all. If you wanted Norvegese by EG (not sure if they even do that), you'd be spending much more than 2x.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received a pair of oxfords from the classic collection today.
It took Meermin 60 days instead of the quoted 20 to bring them to my house.
Elton last looks off to me in the small size that I ordered.
Color looks darker than what I expected, could be caused by my notebook screen though.
Workmanship looks decent for the price but the sawn off plastic sticks which are supposed to function as shoe trees damaged the top edge of the heel.
Materials are horrendous, no way I would torture my feet with shoes that you barely can slip into because they are this stiff.
The heel caps feel no less rigid than the metal in a pair of safety boots.
Obviously going to return them.
For the price you can get way better shoes from Loake and Herring.

Win545

Reaction score

Received a pair of oxfords from the classic collection today.
It took Meermin 60 days instead of the quoted 20 to bring them to my house.
Elton last looks off to me in the small size that I ordered.
Color looks darker than what I expected, could be caused by my notebook screen though.
Workmanship looks decent for the price but the sawn off plastic sticks which are supposed to function as shoe trees damaged the top edge of the heel.
Materials are horrendous, no way I would torture my feet with shoes that you barely can slip into because they are this stiff.
The heel caps feel no less rigid than the metal in a pair of safety boots.
Obviously going to return them.
For the price you can get way better shoes from Loake and Herring.

Before you return them, can i see the pictures of this pair? Ive been wanting to see the real pics of the elton cap toe, espescialy if its the antique oak color.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What seems off about the Elton last?

Anyone cut off their pull tab on boots? How did you do it?

pine tree

Reaction score

His boot was pretty damn bad. Not representative of photos at all. If you wanted Norvegese by EG (not sure if they even do that), you'd be spending much more than 2x. 
Well I haven't seen Meermin make a Norvegeese boot that didn't look like they were made in China or frankly any shoe for that matter. Like I said before, Meermin is there for value not workmanship. If you want the latter, be prepared to spend at least double. I was being conservative with EG. In reality, a well made Norvegeese boot is rare and IMO would cost around 2K, which is four times the amount that you pay for Meermin. Is it worth it? Not to me.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin Elton in Rapello Marron suede in UK6 pictured next to Vass F in black calf in EU39,5.
Both have roughly the same length.
Please excuse the poor quality of pictures, it's all I can get out of my cellphone's camera at the given lighting.

The toe cap of the Elton is pretty long, which paired with the chiseled last creates a snooty appearance, that I am not after.
The Elton has much less of a pronounced waist as the F, which makes him look very unpolished in comparison.
The outsole of the Elton is convex, which gives the shoe a lot of toe spring and elevates the entire volume up the ground which contributes to the shoe's already comparatively massiv look.
The F has a shorter but steeper instep and a lacing which follows the shape of the last/shoe more naturally compared to the Elton.
While the lacing of the F is entirely closed for me, the Elton spreads open more than I would like and expect to close with further wear.
F's heel cup has shape to it which grants hold, while Elton is pretty wide and open.
The foot opening of the Elton can be described as bellied oval, while F is longer and much slimmer.

Two details which I like about the Elton are it's narrower throat line and more nicely shaped vamp and the rounded instead of square tongue edges like in the F.

Last edited:

tbrock

Reaction score
You can't actually be serious. You're unfavourably comparing your new meermins to a pair of Vass? Not only are Vass not in the same league, they're not on the same planet. It's like comparing the Gronk to a college tight end. It wouldn't even work to compare him to another TE in the NFL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads