• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odradek

Reaction score
Are Meermin normally very slow at answering e-mails?

Contacted them yesterday through the form on their site, and again about 2 hours ago but no response.

Tried to orders some MTO boots and I thought it was going ok.
Got an order number but the money hasn't left my account as far as I know, and the Meermin site is saying I have no order now.

Griffith

Reaction score
I bought the Oxford cap toe 10.5UK Size. They are fine in length and feel alright on the heel, but excessively tight on the top of the foot, to the point of being actually painful. I inserted shoe trees in them and they feel a little better and easier to put on, but still feel very tight on top (between the laces and the toe-box).

Is this normal? Should I size-up? I usually wear 10.5UK in Van Bommels shoes and 45EU sizes.

jim0068

Reaction score
I bought the Oxford cap toe 10.5UK Size. They are fine in length and feel alright on the heel, but excessively tight on the top of the foot, to the point of being actually painful. I inserted shoe trees in them and they feel a little better and easier to put on, but still feel very tight on top (between the laces and the toe-box).

Is this normal? Should I size-up? I usually wear 10.5UK in Van Bommels shoes and 45EU sizes.

What last? Is it the Hiro? What is your sizing in other brands/last? I have the same issue in the Hiro lasted chelseas i bought (posted a few posts back) but was wondering if that is due to the last or just the chelsea not having the ability to adjust the tightness in that area since no laces.

The issue becomes that i think the length is about perfect so going up another 1/2 size to get the width to alleviate the tightness might make the heel slip too much. Maybe some shoe tree stretching is necessary. Also how many times have your wore them? I'm at i think 3-4 wears (i walk about 1/2 to work each day) and it's getting better but may not break in/stretch as much as i want.

As a comparison, i have a 9.0UK in the Rui last (vs. 9.5UK in the Hiro) and they're about pefect.

Griffith

Reaction score
Yep it's the Hiro last. Yea a size up would lengthen the shoe by 4mm which is not necessary, and expand the shoe by 1mm, which does not seem much. I have not worn them yet besides at home, 30min each day. My only other dress shoes are Van Bommel's, which are ok (a little loose, but that's me being a perfectionist) and I always get them size 10.5. I'm wondering whether Hiro's lasts are not a good fit for me. I don't have particularly large feet neither, i'd say regular or on the thin side.

jim0068

Reaction score
Yep it's the Hiro last. Yea a size up would lengthen the shoe by 4mm which is not necessary, and expand the shoe by 1mm, which does not seem much. I have not worn them yet besides at home, 30min each day. My only other dress shoes are Van Bommel's, which are ok (a little loose, but that's me being a perfectionist) and I always get them size 10.5. I'm wondering whether Hiro's lasts are not a good fit for me. I don't have particularly large feet neither, i'd say regular or on the thin side.

Maybe not a good fit for you & I both then unfortunately.

jim0068

Reaction score
Do you guys take the same meermin size as you do in Carmina?

I have yet to own a pair of Carmina. I'm nervous about the sizing, however i have a line on a set of 10.5UK Simpson last that might be a good gauge to see where i'd be in the Rain last (looking at the black wholecuts).

For reference, i'm 10.5D in AE 5 last with a bit of room, same size in the old 0 last (probably AE's nicest/sleekest) but it did require some breakin/stretching via wear/shoe trees, 10.0D in Alden Barrie (unlined suede bluchers though, might have stretched more), 9.5UK in C&J 348 last (little loose, could possibly wear a 9.0UK), 10.0D in the RL Marlowe which i think is 341 last and they had so much heel slip i had to install tongue pads to keep my foot from slipping too far foward. A 9.5D probably would have been too tight in width. Oh and i have a pair of 10.5D's in Alden's plaza last for the plain toe balmoral shoe.

Hope that helps with some comparisons.

FatCatPhil

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm on the fence about these MTO snuff rapello boots:

Thing is, the color differs a lot from other shoes also dubbed "snuff rapello":

Is it because of the lighting or are we really talking about different colors here?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Meermin pics from the Shoegazing Super Trunk Show held in Stockholm this weekend, with apart from Meermin also included Carlos Santos, Vass, Riccardo Bestetti, Maftei, Gaziano & Girling bespoke, Italigente, Melker Shoes and more. A couple of the pics are taken by Milad Abedi.

Pepe Albaladejo from Meermin helping a customer:

Some of their boots selection:

It was very crowdy in front of Meermin's table all day:

FatCatPhil

Reaction score
Why thanks, I beleive the close up of the balmoral seen in your second pic is the snuff rapello I was talking about, much darker indeed!

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's the lovely young lady next to Pepe at the Meermin booth?
satisfied.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads