• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

Hey guys I have a pair meermins in dark brown gain in size 11uk that I have been wearing for a while and they still feel tight(toe box, waist of shoe). I generally wear a 12D in AE. I have two more pairs of shoes that I want from the Meermin site..the black calf on the olfe and the chestnut country calf on the rui...im thinking about going 11.5uk in both....thoughts? Is the olfe a bit wider?

Your current Meermin's is with the Hiro last? The Olfe last is even more narrow. I pretty much have the same issue with Meermin hiro last being tight in the toes. They don't have much offerings that are wider except for boots. I recently tired their wide Hiro-G, but that's too wide, probably somewhere in in a EE/EEE width.

I've pretty much given up on Meermin due to fit/sizing and going to AE or a vendor that has a better return policy.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meermin MTOs for the GG St. James II in cherry and chestnut are live!

They are pretty awesome looking, too! Especially in cherry antique calf! And those green cap toe!

Damn you Meermin, why do you always release the fun MTOs (especially on the Elton last) when I seem to not have extra money left?!

doodledoc

Reaction score
For the green, cherry, and navy MTO's on Meermin, what color suits/trousers/sport coats go with those colors?

silverprelude

Reaction score
How's the zig zag at the edge of the broguing on yours? It looks pretty good.
Mine look pretty chewed up. I would be interested to hear your experience.
my looks fine, same as my other Meermins and Carminas, given this is their Linea Maestro line, it should be pretty good.

rwtc

Reaction score
Wish there were wide options for the mtos, would probably have ordered every green shoe they offered so far

I wear thin socks to accommodate my feet in my Meermins. Not sure if anyone else has tried this though.
Non-elastic socks also doesn't hurt my ankles at the end of the day .. another plus.

enyn90

Reaction score
hey guys, im curious to know how do you compare Meermin classic/ LM, to Loake 1880?
fight[1].gif

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the "102494 - GOLD MUSEUM CALF" from Ebay (which is in the GMTO list now) and wondered what the R stamp on the insole means. The shoes were advertised as new with box but the R stamp made me wonder if they aren't rejects.

Anyone ever seen Meermin shoes with the R stamp inside?

Last edited:

oxfordsandties

Reaction score
Yea my shoes are on the hiro which seems to be too narrow. I was going to go for the hiro-G last but I saw skeptical as to how wide it would be and now I know. I am just going to buy a boot in 11.5uk and I think those should fit well. I actually got tired of Allen Edmonds the looks just seems too bland to me now and with Carmina jacking up the prices to the nosebleed section I am running out of options that I like.

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
my looks fine, same as my other Meermins and Carminas, given this is their Linea Maestro line, it should be pretty good.

Well here are two photos of mine (click on them for larger size). As you can see the cutting of the zig zag edge is sharp and then becomes ragged (and then is sharper again).

I'd be interested to hear your opinion (and the opinion of others too). I think the QC is not good enough for $400 shoes, especially as the problems are on the toe. So I'm planning to contact Meermin about them.

But please let me know your thoughts.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not good enough IMO. Likely the pattern was cut a bit too small on that area and the sewing machine ate it up.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

Yea my shoes are on the hiro which seems to be too narrow. I was going to go for the hiro-G last but I saw skeptical as to how wide it would be and now I know. I am just going to buy a boot in 11.5uk and I think those should fit well. I actually got tired of Allen Edmonds the looks just seems too bland to me now and with Carmina jacking up the prices to the nosebleed section I am running out of options that I like. 
Fit is still king for me. Here's a new last and balmoral from AE that really caught my eye: http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/cornwallis-dress-oxfords/SF1052.html

If you get the boots, let me know how they fit. Though I'm still skeptical given the custom/shipping charges, plus lack of return policy, just makes Meermin try-and-your-stuck-with-it policy a bit too risky for me.

Usonian

Reaction score
Does Meermin update us throughout the process of making the GMTOs? I got in on those antique oak or chestnut or whatever chukkas with the half commando sole a few weeks ago, just curious to see how this whole thing works out. first GMTO for me.

riton

Reaction score
Just received the "102494 - GOLD MUSEUM CALF" from Ebay (which is in the GMTO list now) and wondered what the R stamp on the insole means. The shoes were advertised as new with box but the R stamp made me wonder if they aren't rejects.

Anyone ever seen Meermin shoes with the R stamp inside?

Two pairs got a R and two none. Don't remember if 4 of them were new or with defects though.

The shoes are really nice and you got them at 2/3 of their retail price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads