• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anderz

Reaction score
What size did you get these in? And how is the fit etc?
Hi.

This was my first pair from Meermin so I went with my usual 8UK and the fit is more or less identical to Carmina Oscar. The Olfe has (for me) a normal instep and forefoot. I wore them for 12 hours straight without any more discomfort than a new shoe usually has
wink.gif

Last edited:

Garcia

Reaction score
Hi.

This was my first pair from Meermin so I went with my usual 8UK and the fit is more or less identical to Carmina Oscar. The Olfe has (for me) a normal instep and forefoot. I wore them for 12 hours straight without any more discomfort than a new shoe usually has
wink.gif

Ok, don´t own a pair my self, so clueless when it comes to sizing on these. I take anything from a 9 to a 10 UK, but your advice is to go for your normal size on these and not size down? Do they fit the same as most other Meermins?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or has Meermin cut way back on their group MTO offerings? It seems like there used to be 5 or 6 at a time and they are down to 2 right now. I havent really been following, so has there been a change? Have they not been funding the projects? Just curious.

CasvalRD

Reaction score
I'm still deciding between picking up a pair of used or order a new pair of dark brown double monks. I need help on sizing though; I'm a US8 for Nikes, US7 for Red Wing Iron Rangers. Does anyone have insight on my size? I'm assuming I'd need a UK7?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

very few of the proposed mtos went through due to limited signups. 

Have you had your order refunded? or where you see they were not finished?

"Succesfully funded" etc. is reported under every item
(But it could be a standard phrase not always true)

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you had your order refunded? or where you see they were not finished?

"Succesfully funded" etc. is reported under every item
(But it could be a standard phrase not always true)
i have only participated in two website MTOs along with a couple GMTO with the gents on this site. both of my website MTOs went through since they are shell makups.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesnt look like there are any MTO groups currently funding. I was a little surprised to see that.

mikeharo

Reaction score
Can anyone offer sizing advice for the Ron last, in particular the tassel loafers? I have the double monks (Hiro) in 7.5UK and the fit is good. I am 8US Barrie, 7.5UK Forest last, if that helps. Thank-you very much!

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone offer sizing advice for the Ron last, in particular the tassel loafers? I have the double monks (Hiro) in 7.5UK and the fit is good. I am 8US Barrie, 7.5UK Forest last, if that helps. Thank-you very much!

I sized down 0.5 from my Hiro monks for Ron loafers to avoid the heel slip I had in the 9.5s. Tight on my pinky toe, but no heel slip...

marvaments

Reaction score
I went same size as my Hiro, a little roomier. I ended up putting a tongue insert in and that was perfect.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads