• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score

Japanese Cordovan Double Monks up. Going super fast.

First post here; I do pop in from time to time though. Nolanmjj, are the cherry cordovan double monks araround $350 US? Just checked them out (got the email about them) and they look awesome. That price just doesn't make sense, though...is it me? (Sorry - answered before I posted... How do you PASS on that price? Wow.) Time to thin the herd to make space for these. I'm 11.5E in AE's 5 last. Where should I be in the Hiro? (Right pinky is always an issue) Any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post here; I do pop in from time to time though. Nolanmjj, are the cherry cordovan double monks araround $350 US? Just checked them out (got the email about them) and they look awesome. That price just doesn't make sense, though...is it me? (Sorry - answered before I posted... How do you PASS on that price? Wow.) Time to thin the herd to make space for these. I'm 11.5E in AE's 5 last. Where should I be in the Hiro? (Right pinky is always an issue) Any assistance would be appreciated.

the price is cheaper because it's made to gy1 standard and you're not getting horween leather.

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Can someone talk me out of getting the copper suede buckle boots to match my copper suede adelaides (gmto)? Those adelaides are my favorite pair of shoes I've got right now and the suede is awesome...

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they sign a contract to only do wholecuts on the gold museum or something...seriously an oxford already I know you can do it cos you already do similar things in brown and plum museum.

Last edited:

single origin

Reaction score
How long does it usually take to hear from them regarding shipping? I placed an order a week ago and haven't received anything after confirmation email.

nolanmjj

Reaction score

Sorry I never got back to you (I've missed out on the wingtip cherry cordovans myself...twice). I hope you found the answers you were looking for--wouldn't be surprised if they popped up again.

golfinz

Reaction score

Anyone with Park last experience?  I've got a pair of the classic line double monks on the hiro last (which I would assume fit differently than an oxford) in a UK6 and am wanting to get on park lasted adel that's being offered up in the group MTO program right now.  Does the park last fit like the carmina rain last, specifically in the waist/instep/vamp area?  I wear a uk5.5 in the rain last because there is so much volume in this part of the shoe on the rain last.  I sport a uk6 in the simpson last from carmina. 

https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=96

Thanks

Bump for park last help

sarteaga

Reaction score
Bump for park last help

I am the same size in Hiro/Olfe and would be the same size in Park last. I made the decision on my GMTO's (austerity brogue and copper suede cap toe) to go up by .5 size and although they are still wearable, I would have been better off staying with the same size as my Hiro/Olfe lasted shoes.

golfinz

Reaction score

I am the same size in Hiro/Olfe and would be the same size in Park last. I made the decision on my GMTO's (austerity brogue and copper suede cap toe) to go up by .5 size and although they are still wearable, I would have been better off staying with the same size as my Hiro/Olfe lasted shoes.

Thanks! How is the instep/waist/vamp area in the parks? Is there a lot more volume when compared to the hiro last or is it similar?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads