• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to purchase two pairs of shoes:

The one on top is the Burgundy Naturcalf; the one above is the Dark Brown Museum Calf, both GY-2 handwelted (from the Linea Maestro).
I was wondering if any of you had bought them and was happy with them regarding quality, design etc ? I would also like to ask for your opinion regarding the matching belts, shoes trees and shoe care that they sell. Should I order those recommended on their website or, should I look elsewhere ?
Thank you.
I am not really sure what your question is.
Most everthing meermin makes is good quality.

What you should really look at is the last of the shoe and if you can fit it. Are you buying blind online
? Then you need to do a ton of reasearch

Buy shoe tress elsewhere. Meermin's belts are good. Shoe care stuff is saphir wich is top of the line.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep I agree with what leet said, shoes,c heck, belts check, accessories like saphir check, shoe trees pick some up elsewhere.

In regards to the 2 specific shoes you asked about. they are both quite new shoes , in the case of the brown museum they were only added last week, no one will have them yet, even the burgundy would be pushing it as it was only added in the last month.

imo the burgundy looks killer, would snap it up if it was on like 90% of their other lasts.

blackadder

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Meermin chukkas without shoe trees - what would be a good place to get after market trees? Does the fit matter, or just size?

leetpuma

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Meermin chukkas without shoe trees - what would be a good place to get after market trees? Does the fit matter, or just size?

Snug is all that matters you are just tring to have the leather dry out stretched... Anything made of cedar wood should be fine. Do not pay more than 25$ unless you really want to. Nordstrom rack has some for 12$ that ive used for a while with no issues(Woodlore is the brand but there are plety of others.)

Last edited:

Canee

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As I begin my career in a few weeks I need to buy another pair of shoes. I was thinking of Meermin and tried to visit their factory when I was in Mallorca a few weeks back but it never came to pass. Therefore I am bit uncertain as to the lasts that Meermin offer and as I am thinking of buying blindly online (Is that incredibly stupid or can it be pulled off? Is returning shoes easy or difficult with Meermin?) I was hoping someone with experience of Meermin could help out.

I currently have a pair of Loake Buckingham on the capital last with the F fitting in 9,5 UK which I haven't had for long but so far feel good. As my feet are kind of wide (with a slight duck shape) I need a last that is not too snug. Any recommendations when it comes to lasts and the sizing of Meermin? I am planning to start out with their regular line as that would allow me to buy two pairs rather than one as I am on a budget.

Many thanks in advance!

Contango

Reaction score
If you need them in a few weeks then Meermin probably aren't the best choice, they usually won't start making them in the factory in China until you place your order.

Canee

Reaction score
I know, however I have a few pairs that I can use as of now but my shoe wardrobe needs to be both bolstered and upgraded and Meermin seems like a great option for my budget.

If you have any input on my questions I'd be very grateful.

sarteaga

Reaction score
I know, however I have a few pairs that I can use as of now but my shoe wardrobe needs to be both bolstered and upgraded and Meermin seems like a great option for my budget.

If you have any input on my questions I'd be very grateful.

Are you located in Spain or were you just visiting?

Canee

Reaction score
Unfortunately just visiting, I live in Sweden and had been in contact with Meermin about visiting their factory but never got a hold of them while in Mallorca.

Satmoche

Reaction score
I am not really sure what your question is.
Most everthing meermin makes is good quality.

What you should really look at is the last of the shoe and if you can fit it. Are you buying blind online
? Then you need to do a ton of reasearch

Buy shoe tress elsewhere. Meermin's belts are good. Shoe care stuff is saphir wich is top of the line.

Yep I agree with what leet said, shoes,c heck, belts check, accessories like saphir check, shoe trees pick some up elsewhere.

In regards to the 2 specific shoes you asked about. they are both quite new shoes , in the case of the brown museum they were only added last week, no one will have them yet, even the burgundy would be pushing it as it was only added in the last month.

imo the burgundy looks killer, would snap it up if it was on like 90% of their other lasts.

Thank you very much, both of you for your answer.
leetpuma, I am indeed buying blind online, what did you refer to when you said "a ton of research" ? As for the shoe trees, is there any specific model you would recommend for both these pairs or any cedar shoe tree would do ?

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Thank you very much, both of you for your answer.
leetpuma, I am indeed buying blind online, what did you refer to when you said "a ton of research" ? As for the shoe trees, is there any specific model you would recommend for both these pairs or any cedar shoe tree would do ?

You need to read probably 200+pages of this thread find what lasts fit you and how the meermin lasts compare to shoes you already know you fit. IF YOU CANNOT DO THIS do not buy from meermin. You will end up with a badly fitted shoe and returns can be very painful. (And hell even if you do do this you may still get screwed. If you fit allen edmonds C&J carmina.... in a last you may find advice somewhere here that tells you what you can wear in meermin.)

Shoe trees arbitrary just get some cheap cedar woodlore/springline ones for 25$. Shoes trees are not something to stress about. You can get them even after the shoes have arrived...

AL FINK

Reaction score

Unfortunately just visiting, I live in Sweden and had been in contact with Meermin about visiting their factory but never got a hold of them while in Mallorca.

Loake Capital last would give you a nice fit in the Hiro last from my experience. I would go for 9.5 in Hiro/Olfe if I were you. I have some measurements from Meermin when I was ordering from them. Hope it helps, you can try searching for other lasts in this thread.

OLFE

L 312 mm shoe outsole 9UK
W 108 mm shoe outsole 9UK
L 292 mm last insole. 9UK
W 103 mm last insole 9UK
Foot 27.2 cm 9UK

L 316 mm shoe outsole 9.5UK
W 109 mm shoe outsole 9.5UK
L 296 mm last ins 9.5UK
W 104 mm last insol 9.5UK
Foot 27.6cm 9.5UK

HIRO

L 306 mm shoe outsole 9UK
W 107 mm shoe outsole 9UK
L 288 mm last insole 9UK
W 103 mm last insole 9UK
Foot 27.1 cm 9UK

L 311 mm shoe outsole 9.5UK
W 108 mm shoe outsole 9.5UK
L 292 mm last insole 9.5UK
W 104 mm last insole 9.5UK
Foot 27.6cm 9.5UK

SidewinderX

Reaction score

Maiden voyage of the copper suede gmto!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads