• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
only on a grainy video. i dont want a clear visual floating in my head. hope he recovers. yikes :/

edit- ah man now i cant think of anything else not even getting duty fucked by fedex

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

only on a grainy video. i dont want a clear visual floating in my head. hope he recovers. yikes :/

edit- ah man now i cant think of anything else not even getting duty fucked by fedex

It's pretty insane. Hard to believe the dude could ever walk again, let alone play basketball. A testament to medical advances

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's pretty insane. Hard to believe the dude could ever walk again, let alone play basketball. A testament to medical advances
Made my stomach turn just watching it :(

AL FINK

Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a pair of longwings in Rui last from the Classic Collection. I have a pair of Hiro last Oxfords in 9UK, fits perfectly. Should I get 9 or 8.5 since I saw them listed as EE fitting? Thanks.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

Another thing to bear in mind with Meermin MTO is that they charge more again if you want a wide fitting (+50), and again if you want a full or partial Norwegian welt (+100). If you want both you're up to Euros 510, which is still not crazy without VAT, but is starting to get firmly into Vass territory price wise. Add in sizing concerns and different ways and costs of shipping, and trees or any other extras, and try to work out exactly what your final cost is likely to be. Always worth comparing the maths for your order rather than the base price - I can see no-brainers in both directions depending on what I want.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
They are "made to Linea Maestro standard", which I think is supposed to mean made in Spain. But "made in" is a relative term these days, so I'm wary of making presumptions.

SidewinderX

Reaction score
I just picked up my GMTO copper suede captoes from FedEx!

Here they are with my other GMTO Meermins:

Finally, I think some people had questions about how the new Park last looks compared to the Carmina Simpson last, so here are some side by side photos. I'll try and give some better impressions once I've worn the Meermin's a couple times, but here are a few initial ones: The Park last has a much more "square" toebox than the Simpson, particularly from the "nose-on" perspective. The Park is a bit roomier, but I'm a 9UK in both and that feels right. I'll know more once I've worn them a couple times.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup! Question for you @SidewinderX :

Being the Simpson last is a more narrow fit than the Rain last, how narrow is the Park last? Hopefully it's more roomier than the New Ray last.

Thanks

leetpuma

Reaction score
Are their MTOs completely made in Spain?

They are "made to Linea Maestro standard", which I think is supposed to mean made in Spain. But "made in" is a relative term these days, so I'm wary of making presumptions.

I am almost certain this is not the case. They are just finised in spain just as the regular line.

Differences are:
  1. the construction is handwelted. (see gemming debates...)
  2. and the leather is higher quality
  3. the soles/shoe is more soft initally (from what I hear)

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Going to try this again and see if it drums up any interest this time.

I'd like to do a group MTO for a staple shoe. Black calf, two eyelet derby, on New Ray or Park. Single leather sole. Basically the shoe below in black calf without the detailing.

Any takers?

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Nice pickup! Question for you @SidewinderX
 :

Being the Simpson last is a more narrow fit than the Rain last, how narrow is the Park last? Hopefully it's more roomier than the New Ray last.

Thanks

I have all 3 lasts and park is definitely wider than new rey or simpson. Heel grip is much better vs Simpson. I've always felt that carmina heels are just a bit loose. Having said that Carmina feels more solid compared to Meermin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads