• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Upright Man

Reaction score

[/SPOILER]
Me too :) hopefully Pepe sends me the pics soon.

Thanks for the suggestion guys; most likely this will be a personal MTO but if anyone is interested I may do one but but this time a small group MTO (10 people max).

But this will only be initiated once the previous MTO is delivered
A GG-like wholecut would be of interest.

I'd be keen for a EG dover style split toe in the hatch grain personally.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't be obtuse!
It may not be there for decorative purposes but it is, in my opinion at least, an ornate stitch! It being ornate was not for a moment what I was suggesting its purpose was

Your opinion is wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation. It is NOT ornate and provides different benefit than hand sewn welted construction.

I'd be keen for a EG dover style split toe in the hatch grain personally.

Same, but not placing any order until I receive my current MTO.

EG Dover style Norwegian Split Toe with folded in stitch apron (as oppose to Vass folded our stitched) and full Norvegese construction in hatch grain. Just not sure how good the material is for Meermin but EG skimped on material, specifically toe stiffener, toe stitching, and of course GY machines welted/gemmed construction.

**** cordovan. Tasteless iGent leather used in every kind of shoes nowadays.

Last edited:

konda

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for a comparison between Meermin's and Alfred Sargent's snuff colors. I don't trust the website pictures to give an accurate description. Can someone link both colors if one has a photo with realistic colors of each?

Another question: what are the suede colors in brown that meermin offer? I know there is the snuff and dark brown but is there something else like espresso as well?

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your opinion is wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation. It is NOT ornate and provides different benefit than hand sewn welted construction.

EG Dover style Norwegian Split Toe with folded in stitch apron (as oppose to Vass folded our stitched) and full Norvegese construction in hatch grain. Just not sure how good the material is for Meermin but EG skimped on material, specifically toe stiffener, toe stitching, and of course GY machines welted/gemmed construction.

I think you're deliberately confusing ornate with ornamental and being deliberately argumentative. As I've now stated twice; I KNOW it serves a functional purpose in the construction of the shoe. Stating it to be ornate is my OPINION. Have a word with yerself

Last edited:

Calikid

Reaction score

maybe a better choice of language would be nice...

Last edited:

maltess

Reaction score
I bought the Chuuka boot in the Rui last. It seems a good buy for the money, good construction and nice suede

maltess

Reaction score
I was choosing between this to the similar in price Loake Pimlicos, I think the meermin is a better option

Last edited:

eyeofthetig3r

Reaction score

I bought the Chuuka boot in the Rui last. It seems a good buy for the money, good construction and nice suede

Do you mind posting photos? I was looking to purchase the boots as well. Just wanted to see what they looked like beyond the stock photos. Also how is the sizing?

konda

Reaction score
Pros and cons on the york sole? I've got no experience in it but was thinking of an MTO out of the below with 2 lacebars and york or rubber sole, snuff suede.

Last edited:

totolino85

Reaction score
Today I wrote again to Sandro,

as I told him I don't mind waiting from 3rd of january IF I know how long I'm going to wait, I've been told 3 times in the past 3 weeks my shoes would have been shipped, none of the times that was true.

Now, if you tell me : "look we are in a messy situation, please accept my apologies but it's going to take other 3\4\5 weeks", I've no problems...I mean I have other shoes is not that I can't live without them, but if you tell me "I'll ship them to you in 3 days" and than you don't tell me anythign I think I kind of have the right to be bit nervous about it, expecially when you got my money the 1th of february!

I believe many of you guys are in the same situation , just wanted to share my frustration about it!

Vittorio

konda

Reaction score
Yeah with Meermin you have to wait and just have the mindset to deal with these kinds of uncertainties. They offer exellent customer service and service per se considering them being a Spanish company with a Spanish way of doing business. The mindset needs to be the same as with AS: the shoes arrive when they are ready. If one is in a rush, shop for RTW C&J, Trickers, AE or Alden.

Last edited:

totolino85

Reaction score
Yeah with Meermin you have to wait and just have the mindset to deal with these kinds of uncertainties. They offer exellent customer service and service per se considering them being a Spanish company with a Spanish way of doing business. The mindset needs to be the same as with AS: the shoes arrive when they are ready. If one is in a rush, shop for RTW C&J, Trickers, AE or Alden.
Well I'm Italian and probably that's why I have a hard time with "spanish" or "italian" way of doing busines, being rased in a "german" way it simply pisses me off :) I don't really mind the waiting, I mind the misleading of "the shoes are ready next week" and not getting a mail the next week with written "sorry we are late"... anyhow... let's hope they arrive soon

konda

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Just hang in there! It will be worth the wait especially if it is an MTO you are waiting for.

icwhp

Reaction score
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1949 would these be appropriate for office work with a suit (not started the job yet and have no experience in an office before.

Also, sorry for asking this as i know its probably been asked a million times before but the search function is useless. How do they fit? Im size 8.5uk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads