• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As per my previous post, the fact that the only way to find out about them, despite googling them multiple times, is a Styleforum thread, emphasizes my point! Sad, considering that the incredible handmade traditions in Spain just can't seem to figure out the formula to survive. Ah, cultural complexes... sigh. PS: Before I am lambasted by Spaniards, I regret to inform you that I am myself a Spaniard as well, and therefore am entitled to a healthy degree of cultural-self-hatred. Ahem.
+1 and congratulations on your command of the English language! But, pedantically, a comma before and after 'therefore' for correct emphasis on your secondary point. If they have reasonably priced well made stingray available I am going to go really crazy :crazy:

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At least you see a few passable ones... I work at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and never see ANY nice shoes. At all. Not even the leading representatives, they're all wearing cheap looking beefroll loafers with their bespoke suits. Makes you wonder why do we need Carmina, Meermin or even Yanko stores around here...

So you will pick up that pair for me???

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you notice. no heel counter on the norweger. nice.

I was distracted by the ghosting on the toe. Not sure I like them now.
rotflmao.gif

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least you see a few passable ones... I work at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and never see ANY nice shoes. At all. Not even the leading representatives, they're all wearing cheap looking beefroll loafers with their bespoke suits. Makes you wonder why do we need Carmina, Meermin or even Yanko stores around here...

You need to throw some salt. Don't even think it. lol

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
So you will pick up that pair for me???

I would, but we have to talk about how to do it - my income is very limited which means I can't pay full price for them in advance
shog[1].gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

I would, but we have to talk about how to do it - my income is very limited which means I can't pay full price for them in advance
shog%5B1%5D.gif

C'mon, man. I would send you the cash in advance plus a little for your trouble. I know at least one other member that might be willing to do teh same. I just need to be sure they aren't smoke and mirrorsing me with those pics and get my size down. It's hard to believe I need to size down to an 11 when I wear a 12.5-13.

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C'mon, man. I would send you the cash in advance plus a little for your trouble. I know at least one other member that might be willing to do teh same. I just need to be sure they aren't smoke and mirrorsing me with those pics and get my size down. It's hard to believe I need to size down to an 11 when I wear a 12.5-13.

+100

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem then. I'll go to the store soon and let you know how they look and how's the sizing relative to Carmina and Magnanni (I'm a 7.5 in both). Yeah I don't think you will have to size down that much...

Jermyn

Reaction score

As I said, with the sizing, YMMV.

In EG I´m:

9.5/10E on the 888
9/9.5F on the 888

9/9.5E on the 606

I´m a 9E on the JL 7000 but fit the 9F almost as well with no breaking in.

G&G TG73 fits me perfectly in 9F

On every last which I tried in Meermin I was an 8.5 (all in standard E width, with the exception of the cordovan oxfords which I couldn´t get to work in any size).
I hope this helps to shed a little light on this for you.

If your EG 888 size is 12.5/13E
Your, enormous, feet should fit 11.5s in Meermin.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they have a Barcelona shop? I'll be there in March - I'm planning on splurging on a pair or two of Carmina shell, but would be interested in checking these out as well . . .

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the store this morning and these shoes seem promising. I didn't have time to try any (I was on my way to work) but the leather quality seems pretty good for the price. Construction looks solid as well, specially their hand welted Linea Maestro. The regular line isn't as impressive, but still manages to look way better than Magnanni, at a lower price.

These are just my first impressions. I will go later today again and check for sizing issues, as well as examine their construction more closely... but the way they look makes me think I won't return home with empty hands...

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And here he is!

No problem then. I'll go to the store soon and let you know how they look and how's the sizing relative to Carmina and Magnanni (I'm a 7.5 in both). Yeah I don't think you will have to size down that much...

Thanks man.

If your EG 888 size is 12.5/13E
Your, enormous, feet should fit 11.5s in Meermin.

:lol: thanks

I've been to the store this morning and these shoes seem promising. I didn't have time to try any (I was on my way to work) but the leather quality seems pretty good for the price. Construction looks solid as well, specially their hand welted Linea Maestro. The regular line isn't as impressive, but still manages to look way better than Magnanni, at a lower price.

These are just my first impressions. I will go later today again and check for sizing issues, as well as examine their construction more closely... but the way they look makes me think I won't return home with empty hands...

:slayer:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be leaving work too late today. Will have to go tomorrow at lunch time
baldy[1].gif

And before I forget, I should warn you, if you're looking to buy Meermin or Carmina, sales will likely start next week!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads