• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Simplicio

Reaction score

I am dealing with the same issues on upperarm/biceps/armhole. The whole shirt is perfect but fabric is pulling around my armpit. Armhole and biceps are wide enough. I don't know what to change next. It's practically the same issue that some other members are describing and posting pictures. I am really curious about solutions on this.

Is it really a problem?

If you want a slim shirt, stuff like this happens. If you want to accommodate movement, it'll look a little less slim.

I am dealing with the same issues on upperarm/biceps/armhole. The whole shirt is perfect but fabric is pulling around my armpit. Armhole and biceps are wide enough. I don't know what to change next. It's practically the same issue that some other members are describing and posting pictures. I am really curious about solutions on this.

I think that with an ideal fit it should be possible for the shirt to be somewhat slim, if not skinny, and yet still enable comfortable movement without pulling and bunching. A smaller armhole should, if anything, make movement easier, provided that the fit is right. I think I will try my theory about changing the sleeve proportions and see how that works.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, if I'm pretty happy with the seat of these pants, but want to reduce the excess fabric around my crotch

ddiabolique

Reaction score
I thought I'd share some pictures of the Luxire flannel I got recently. It's made of the white grey plaid flannel. The fabric is a little flimsier than I would have liked, but considering the price I can't complain too much. I'm pretty happy with the fit, especially considering this is my first Luxire shirt. Any tips on how I can improve it for the future are welcome, of course. I know I need to slim the sleeves down some.

http://luxire.com/collections/dress-shirts/products/white-grey-plaid-flannel

chuckb

Reaction score
^ I agree about the width of the sleeves - much tighter and they'd risk wearing out quickly. I would suggest lengthening the sleeves somewhat, particularly the left.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does it matter where the button actually is? The length looks pretty good to me - Any longer and then it starts to hang past the crotch.

Agree, two more inches and with the rise of those jeans, it would look like a women's blouse.

Last edited:

Bakkerrr

Reaction score

Is it really a problem?

If you want a slim shirt, stuff like this happens. If you want to accommodate movement, it'll look a little less slim.

I am not looking for the slimmest fit, but it occurs to me, that other shirts I have with same armhole and slimmer biceps, don't have that particular issue. Maybe it's the angle of placing the arm to the shirt or something. And when I see a lot of people posting the same issue, maybe there is a particular solution to this.

Amcolex

Reaction score
Has anyone bought their jeans? If so, what are your thoughts on construction quality, fit, etc.? I might be interested in trying out a pair but i can't find any fit pics or reviews online anywhere.

MattR

Reaction score

Has anyone bought their jeans? If so, what are your thoughts on construction quality, fit, etc.? I might be interested in trying out a pair but i can't find any fit pics or reviews online anywhere.

search this thread for "jeans" and/or "selvedge"

if you can't find something there, your internet is broken.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought their jeans? If so, what are your thoughts on construction quality, fit, etc.? I might be interested in trying out a pair but i can't find any fit pics or reviews online anywhere.
To preface, I do not have a "standard shape" I have a big waist and short inseam, which pretty much eliminates all selvage denim options for me. Oh and I despise button fly, and for 99$ I was more than excited to give these a run.

I have purchased 4 pairs, the first pair I donated to Good Will. I measured my "best" fitting jeans and they were HUGE when they got to me, unwearable. Which admittedly was 100% my own fault. I also noticed the bottom hem was 1/2" up from the bottom, most jeans are at 1/4"-3/8" which I noted for the second pair.

Then I sent in measurements from a custom pair of dress pants, and this pair was much, much better. I should note that my dress pants fit more like jeans, shorter rise ect. because of my body type. The only issue was the yoke seam in the back, which was straight across and reminded me of carpenter jeans from the 90's, which was not flattering on me.

I then made some minor adjustments to the size, .25" here and there, as well as details for the back yoke with images, and ordered 2 more pairs. I am still waiting on the delivery of the last two pairs. I will report on these when they arrive.

Even though it was my fault, Luxire only charged me for the CMT price to replace the first pair, and refunded that amount when I ordered 2 more pairs. They did not have to do this, and I could not be happier with the communication and service I have received.

Construction is good, stitching is spot on, have not had the chance to beat them up yet, but I can report back once I rotate the 2 pairs I am waiting on. I asked for solid copper rivets as well not sure if that will happen or not but my fingers are crossed.

Honestly if you are looking for selvage denim jeans that are a realistic inseam and zipper fly, they work really well, and the price is unbeatable. My next move is to order some Selvage Cone Demin to have CMT'ed.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My denim has held up great. Construction is great, and all my requests were incorporated precisely. My only problem is fit, as they're a little baggy in the bottom of the seat, and they have too much fabric the crotch area. This is probably due to pelvic tilt, so it's entirely my fault. If you can get your measurements down, Luxire offers a really good deal.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have purchased 4 pairs, the first pair I donated to Good Will. I measured my "best" fitting jeans and they were HUGE when they got to me, unwearable. Which admittedly was 100% my own fault.

What did you do wrong? (I'm preparing my first trouser order.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads