• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you do wrong? (I'm preparing my first trouser order.)
I measured a pair of jeans, but I pulled the denim taught while measuring. This gave Luxire the maximum measurement when I should have just measured them sitting flat.

I also used an existing pair of OTR jeans. They were not my ideal fit, and therefore the measurements ended up bigger than I needed.

You are probably not going to get the first pair perfect, and if you go into it with this in mind it will make any disappointment with fit easier to swallow. Try and purchase your first pair with the least expensive cloth you stand and know that your second pair will be much better.

Note this only pertains to jeans which fit different than more formal trousers. For my first pair of trousers I will be sending in one of my custom made pairs to have copied.

If I had custom jeans already made, I would have mailed them in to be copied.

David-

Amcolex

Reaction score
search this thread for "jeans" and/or "selvedge"

if you can't find something there, your internet is broken.

Hadn't seen the thread search. Was only using the general SF search instead, so thanks :).

@DavidLane and @Monkeyface , thanks for your input! It definitely seems like getting proper measurements is no easy task, especially for the first pair. Its good to hear that your at least satisfied with the fabric and construction.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone asked for measurements of the #1738 collar. Here are the pics.

This shirt I got I asked for light fusing collar and cuff and it's very comfortable.

Last edited:

Evolve

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hey guys,

So this is my third shirt from luxire, but I this one is by far the worst fitting especially in the back area. The first two are fine but this one seems just loose. Originally I sent in a well fitting shirt to get replicated with minor adjustments.

I know both my shirts have shrunk a little, I haven't washed this one yet. Anyone else have this issue? the Front of the shirt is ok to me.

PS, ignore the crew neck shirt and crappy dress pants

Why would your third shirt be the worst fitting yet? :puzzled: What measurements did you change?

Looks like you need to increase the bottom measurement and add darts to the back.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would your third shirt be the worst fitting yet? :puzzled: What measurements did you change?

Looks like you need to increase the bottom measurement and add darts to the back.

This was the instructions I sent luxire

1. Let out the armhole by 1/2 an inch
2. No placket
3. No tie space
4. Lightly fused collar and cuff.
5. Angled cuff
6. Collar #1738
7. Move 1st button up 1/4 an inch ( I mean't the 2nd button, but they knew this)
8. Split yoke (I think they do this by default)

Last edited:

Turner

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did the button holes in general become too big? All my shirts since December pop open from time to time by themselves, regardless if the standard or thin standard buttons are used. Can be quite annoying.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring is coming! New order placed:

SR_227_Dark_Khaki_Twill_Chinos_thumb.jpeg
1x Dark Khaki Twill Chinos

GTZ46954_thumb.jpeg
1x Pale Pink Classic Oxford

omgitswes

Reaction score
Glad I placed my order for the Light Tan Twill Chinos before it sold out. Hopefully I did the correct measurements this time, the last shirt I had made was way too small. I haven't had a ton of luck getting the measurements right with any of my MTM orders

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it just me, or did the button holes in general become too big? All my shirts since December pop open from time to time by themselves, regardless if the standard or thin standard buttons are used. Can be quite annoying.

I"ve noticed the same thing as well. They pop open very easily once in a while

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads