• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

MacGuffen

Reaction score

Here is the pale pink oxford with the 1736 collar. It was lightly fused collar. It's not pale to me :confused:

Anyone else with this fabric that looks the same to you?

I haven't washed the shirt yet.

This was going to be my next shirt as well, but it definitely seems darker than what I've seen from other members. I'd love to know if this was a fluke or not. Regardless, it still looks great on you, I wouldn't worry too much. :)

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've emailed Theresa and they are going to look at the fabric to see if it was a mistake. If it is, I still want the pale pink because real men wear pink :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks a significantly "hotter" shade of pink than my pale pink oxford.

Obvious caveats to my opinion: Is your pic under natural lighting, and without any post-processing? Does it look colour-accurate on your monitor, and is your screen calibrated?

It wasn't under natural lighting, it was in my room at night. No photoshop. Funny enough, in PERSON it's more darker than the picture.

My screen is calibrated. When I first opened up the package, I was thinking wtf? This aint no pale.... :foo:

Theresa has reached out to me quickly though.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7_rocket, do you normally use oxford for dress shirts? That shirt appears to be a dress shirt, what with the absence of a placket and pockets.

I see that you're asking about revamping your business shirt wardrobe with good basics, and if I may make a suggestion - some of the fabrics that are 'softer" and less rugged than oxford would make better dress shirts.

Edit: I've also thought a lot about what fabrics to get dress shirts made from, and came to the realization that it's mostly just muted light blue/strips/graph checks which, to the casual observer, would not look very different from each other, but are mostly for wear with sweaters and sportcoats.

Heavily patterned stuff I find is much better suited for casual wear with jeans, chinos and shirts. At least that's how I think about.

Last edited:

MacGuffen

Reaction score

It wasn't under natural lighting, it was in my room at night. No photoshop. Funny enough, in PERSON it's more darker than the picture.

My screen is calibrated. When I first opened up the package, I was thinking wtf? This aint no pale.... :foo:

Theresa has reached out to me quickly though.

Definitely let us know how you get on. Like I said, it would be my next shirt.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:foo:
7_rocket, do you normally use oxford for dress shirts? That shirt appears to be a dress shirt, what with the absence of a placket and pockets.

I see that you're asking about revamping your business shirt wardrobe with good basics, and if I may make a suggestion - some of the fabrics that are 'softer" and less rugged than oxford would make better dress shirts.

Edit: I've also thought a lot about what fabrics to get dress shirts made from, and came to the realization that it's mostly just muted light blue/strips/graph checks which, to the casual observer, would not look very different from each other, but are mostly for wear with sweaters and sportcoats.

Heavily patterned stuff I find is much better suited for casual wear with jeans, chinos and shirts. At least that's how I think about.

Hey Bud,

It's actually oxford cloth but it's hard to tell from the picture. What do you suggest for blue? All I need is ONE solid blue say for interviews etc. I already have a basic white. Other than that I'm more into pattern as I never wear a suit or jacket to work.

I asked Luxire for a plain placket and light fusing this time around, the collar feels very nice.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That particular shirt should probably relabeled...it's from the 120/2 "Icaro" line, which is a voile, not an end-on-end. The apparent texture is just the result of the high twist yarns.

Yeh, was a bit disappointing when I received it.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can you please post a fit pic of these? the fabric looks amazing.

Sure I'll try and get something up soon. Still working out some small fit issues - they're still just a tad long and I have some fabric bunching under my butt when I stand up straight. I'll send pics of those to Luxire to see if they have any ideas to fix that.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
Sure I'll try and get something up soon. Still working out some small fit issues - they're still just a tad long and I have some fabric bunching under my butt when I stand up straight. I'll send pics of those to Luxire to see if they have any ideas to fix that.

Please post back on the results! This problem with the pelvic tilt is as common as the bunching along the shoulders.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:foo:
Hey Bud,

It's actually oxford cloth but it's hard to tell from the picture. What do you suggest for blue? All I need is ONE solid blue say for interviews etc. I already have a basic white. Other than that I'm more into pattern as I never wear a suit or jacket to work.

I asked Luxire for a plain placket and light fusing this time around, the collar feels very nice.

One of the pale blue dress stripes should fit the bill. I really liked this one: http://custom.luxire.com/products/pale-blue-dress-stripes

BicklesPickles

Reaction score
Hey guys, if I'm pretty happy with the seat of these pants, but want to reduce the excess fabric around my crotch, what measurement should I adjust? Looks like I need to adjust it a lot. Front hip? Or maybe some rise adjustments too?

My dog likes the pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads