• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, added some more collars and trousers to the spreadsheet. Any more additons are always welcome. Can't we sticky the sheet for newcomers?

Do people actually refer to the NOBD collars as such when they place an order?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do people actually refer to the NOBD collars as such when they place an order?

Yep, you can just type in the comments that you want either the NOBD I or NOBD II and Luxire will know what to do.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
About to send this jacket in to have it replicated. Fabric will match the pants, Dugdale light gray worsted. Looking forward to having the complete suit. I think the only thing I plan on changing is the hip pockets to flap. Don't think I will mess with measurements at all because I like the fit. I'm open to suggestions...

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to send this jacket in to have it replicated. Fabric will match the pants, Dugdale light gray worsted. Looking forward to having the complete suit. I think the only thing I plan on changing is the hip pockets to flap. Don't think I will mess with measurements at all because I like the fit. I'm open to suggestions...

C6A8E501-86DE-4CDE-9BC7-2F7D115FE2E1_zps2w5e69xl.jpg
You'd have to put your arms down for me to get a better idea about the fit. Shoulders look outstanding. I can't tell 100%, but I think the button stance looks too high.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You'd have to put your arms down for me to get a better idea about the fit.  Shoulders look outstanding.  I can't tell 100%, but I think the button stance looks too high.

I agree, but what do you suggest...-25" or -50"? It also has the slightest of flare at the bottom so I was thinking of asking them to "decrease bottom width .25". I am being extremely picky about that and would probably be better off leaving it alone...not sure yet.

I doubt you can make an accurate suggestion with my arms in the position they are in. I think I have a good idea...

Last edited:

variancelog

Reaction score
The fit on that jacket is great, but the button does appear to sit quite high. It's difficult to tell by how much in this photo.

I haven't seen any pictures of Luxire's pocket squares on here yet, so I thought I'd take some pictures of the two I just received. Here is one of the "Fine white linen" against a dark fabric. It shows the weave of the linen and how the edges are rolled. I will take some more pictures another time including those of my custom printed square in wool-silk.

joewmoss

Reaction score

You might not want to let your CAC get into the picture next time....

joewmoss

Reaction score
You can also have the crease stitched. I saw a short film with Sexton in which he advocated this for IIRC flannels and tweeds which don't hold a crease very well. Especially on a variegated cloth where the thread wouldn't be so obvious, it seemed to work well.
I've had stitch creasing done on three pairs of trousers. Looked good on the two that have puppytooth and herringbone patterns since it blends with the crease. They did a good job on all 3...no issues yet. Looked like it would require some skill to do it right.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You might not want to let your CAC get into the picture next time....

Yeah, I noticed that. It isn't revealing anything other than an expiration date so no biggie, but it won't be there next time.

Here is a better shot for everyone. Don't mind the Bruins shirt, I was in my jammies...

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to elaborate something with you guys. What tie space do you find to be good enough to avoid a gap between the tie knot and collar (collar band showing over the knot). I know this gap depends on many vaiables, such as collar stiffness, tie fabric friction etc., but I think tie space also plays an important role. I genuinly dislike when the tie slips down and allows a gap and would like to avoid ordering shirts that allows this to occur.

Many thanks.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
#5345 collar in action.

Didn't have time to iron this morning:

I think it looks great with a four in hand tie but looks marvellous without.

Due to the slight curve of the collar points, the collar doesn't slip over the lapels no matter how much I gesticulate. Fantastic!

arglist

Reaction score
Got shipment notice today. Ordered two OCBDs (from existing pattern, unchanged) and a pair of trousers (completely new pattern). Turnaround time twelve days. Fantastic!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads