• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Wade

Reaction score
DHL express just delivered a christmas present:

12-14oz flannel tweed trousers... with side metal adjusters. The guy who had to sew them must have hated me.

http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/grey-black-plaid
http://luxire.com/collections/pants/products/grey-wool-flannel

They fit really great. Will post a pic in the next couple days. I can't wait for it to get cold outside now.
hey, did you specify the side adjusters to be there or did you just select it and they put it there?
From my past experiences with other MTM places, the side adjusters are on the waistband, not below it
i actually think i might prefer it to be like in your pic

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I noticed that. It isn't revealing anything other than an expiration date so no biggie, but it won't be there next time.

Here is a better shot for everyone. Don't mind the Bruins shirt, I was in my jammies...

That button stance looks really high, you should probably lower it at least an inch, maybe more.

You have to mention that you want it unfused and lightly lined too, if you don't they'll make it both lined and fused, which happened to me. 

Yep, that actually happened to me too, I had to send the shirts back to have the collars remade. Still waking for them to be finished...remakes seem to take way longer than new orders. I think it's been about 3 weeks since they received the shirts to remake and I haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:

Xtra

Reaction score
Got shipment notice today. Ordered two OCBDs (from existing pattern, unchanged) and a pair of trousers (completely new pattern). Turnaround time twelve days. Fantastic!

Wow, that is reallly fast. I just ordered two shirts, but left out the trousers as I need one of the shirts by jan. 25, and I had no faith in that Luxire could do trousers in less time than 4-5 weeks, but apparently they can.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
#5345 collar in action.

Didn't have time to iron this morning:

I think it looks great with a four in hand tie but looks marvellous without.

Due to the slight curve of the collar points, the collar doesn't slip over the lapels no matter how much I gesticulate. Fantastic!
That's fantastic. What's the collar height (band). You're a two-button fan (on the collar)? I think this is the collar I would want for dress shirts.

Simplicio

Reaction score
^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.

I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ I like this as well. But it works because Clapeyron is a taller guy who has the neck to wear a collar like this. BTW I like the Vanda square.

I've been trying to find a slightly taller collar as well. But I don't really like the two button closure. I feel that if you need two buttons it may be too high. It is remarkable what a difference even a slight change to the collar band height can make. I have tried an extra 0.25" and I think it may be too much. And then you have to figure out what to do with the points. So I am running a few experiments to see if I can find something better. I'll post if I have anything promising. But it is great to see how others approach this.

how high are you going? From what I can see Calpeyron doesn't have a very long neck (though long enough for a high collar to look good). The collar looks to be right by his adam's apple (from what I can see). He could probably go lower and still look good (0.25 inch). I know some people dislike that much collar above the jacket...I think it looks sharp, but ask me when I'm ten years older...

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Actually, on two buttons, not sure why you do need them. I've read that it helps with structure in the collar, but not sure why. On the button hole side, maybe, because of the stitching, but on the button side? They are just sewn in at two small points. I suspect it's the lining that matters more, so if you have a high collar with no or light lining it's going to flop.

Seems moot if you wear a tie with that collar, though.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Clapey is something like 6'12", so what doesn't look like a long neck is almost certainly a long neck.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That button stance looks really high, you should probably lower it at least an inch, maybe more.

Thanks, Beatle. I am leaning towards an inch, probably not more than that.

Mursquirl (sorry if the nickname is written wrong) that is an awesome SC!

Betel, it is actually a suit, but makes for an awesome SC. I have never worn it as a full suit and don't know if I ever will.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Betel, it is actually a suit, but makes for an awesome SC. I have never worn it as a full suit and don't know if I ever will.

Whta?!?! Why not? I bet it looks awesome!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

PS: I was confused when I read the first reply to brother B-geuse then I read the name again.
lol8[1].gif

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree, but what do you suggest...-25" or -50"? It also has the slightest of flare at the bottom so I was thinking of asking them to "decrease bottom width .25". I am being extremely picky about that and would probably be better off leaving it alone...not sure yet.

I doubt you can make an accurate suggestion with my arms in the position they are in. I think I have a good idea...

You said the bottom was flaring - if it is, would the request not be to increase the width of the bottom? My understanding is that it flares because it's being pulled to the sides too much, meaning it's being strained because it's too narrow.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads