• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You said the bottom was flaring - if it is, would the request not be to increase the width of the bottom? My understanding is that it flares because it's being pulled to the sides too much, meaning it's being strained because it's too narrow.

That makes sense...possibly let out the waist a quarter inch. I'll ask my tailor.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
#5345 collar in action.

Didn't have time to iron this morning:

What fabric is that? Is that a grey stripe?

NM....I see you posted it before

Last edited:

terra firma

Reaction score
Just received my first shirt and I am incredibly disappointed. None of my measurements were followed and in some cases they were off by a whole inch. I emailed customer support and they told me that I would have to pay shipping costs to send the shirt to New Jersey and they told me that if they decide the measurements were followed acceptably I would be billed for shipping costs back to India.

The only thing I can think of doing is taking photos of all the measurements to ensure that I have proof of what they were before, but having what basically amounted to a threat in trying to get this problem resolved has left a real bad taste in my mouth about Luxire. If I'm going to pay 90 dollars to have a shirt made I expect it to be made to the measurements I specify and not be told that I have to pay more to get it done correctly.

Really getting tired of getting the same run around with every MTM place on the internet. First modern tailor and now this.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my first shirt and I am incredibly disappointed. None of my measurements were followed and in some cases they were off by a whole inch. I emailed customer support and they told me that I would have to pay shipping costs to send the shirt to New Jersey and they told me that if they decide the measurements were followed acceptably I would be billed for shipping costs back to India.

The only thing I can think of doing is taking photos of all the measurements to ensure that I have proof of what they were before, but having what basically amounted to a threat in trying to get this problem resolved has left a real bad taste in my mouth about Luxire. If I'm going to pay 90 dollars to have a shirt made I expect it to be made to the measurements I specify and not be told that I have to pay more to get it done correctly.

Really getting tired of getting the same run around with every MTM place on the internet. First modern tailor and now this.

Hope you get your issues resolved, but it appears online MTM may not be for you.

BenMurphy

Reaction score
Placed an order for 1 shirt with some adjustments from a previous order on the 2nd, got a shipping notification yesterday. That was fast.

terra firma

Reaction score
show the photos to us

It's very difficult to get a clear shot because of how dark the shirt is and how that messes with the auto-exposure on my camera. There are other measurements off as well (cuff is supposed to be 9" and they made it slightly below 8.5") but I figured these were enough to show the most glaring errors.

Armhole: Supposed to be 10"

http://imgur.com/OmTDeQY

Yoke: Supposed to be 19.5. They told me to measure 1 inch up.

http://imgur.com/jC7y9lA

Chest: Supposed to be 23.5 This was the hardest to capture. It actually comes in below 23 but I couldn't get a clear top down shot.

http://imgur.com/xYuiUOE

There is no reason MTM should not be for me. It's made to measure. If they follow what I give them there would be no problems at all because I already know what fits me.

Last edited:

Bakkerrr

Reaction score
Seems to me that you are not holding the tape at the right point in all three pictures. If you hold it right, Luxire has done their measurements correct.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had some similar very minor measurement issue(s) but the shirt is wearable and the fit is acceptable even to my OCD standards..fit photos if possible

Last edited:

terra firma

Reaction score
Seems to me that you are not holding the tape at the right point in all three pictures. If you hold it right, Luxire has done their measurements correct.

Could you please explain or illustrate what I'm doing wrong? If I did this wrong then it definitely is my fault, but I went by their measurement guidelines and measured a shirt that fits me exceptionally well. I will try to get fit photos at one point, but it's not wearable for me. The armholes are very uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Bakkerrr

Reaction score
http://custom.luxire.com/pages/how-to-measure

Yoke should be measured higher. Armhole should be a curved measurement. It's always best to adjust measurements from your first (test) order. Second shirt should be more wearable, that is the whole process of online MTM in my opinion. My first Luxire shirt was not wearable too. Second was wearable, third was excellent.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
It's very difficult to get a clear shot because of how dark the shirt is and how that messes with the auto-exposure on my camera. There are other measurements off as well (cuff is supposed to be 9" and they made it slightly below 8.5") but I figured these were enough to show the most glaring errors.

Armhole: Supposed to be 10"

http://imgur.com/OmTDeQY

Yoke: Supposed to be 19.5. They told me to measure 1 inch up.

http://imgur.com/jC7y9lA

Chest: Supposed to be 23.5 This was the hardest to capture. It actually comes in below 23 but I couldn't get a clear top down shot.

http://imgur.com/xYuiUOE

There is no reason MTM should not be for me. It's made to measure. If they follow what I give them there would be no problems at all because I already know what fits me.

Look at the guideline given by Luxire on the yoke. http://luxire.com/pages/how-to-measure

The site says to measure 1 inch below the neck. You are saying they said inch above.

They are holding the tape higher on the shoulder. If I was to guess that you held the tape starting in the upper part of the shoulder like they have that it would be 19 inches.

MTM using measurements is pretty difficult, if not impossible to get perfect on the first attempt. If you want to get the fit perfect with the least amount of attempts, sending in your best fitting shirt is the best method.

ETA: Their remake policies are disclosed on the website, so that was part of the risk you took when using their services. You can't really complain about them after the fact. If I buy from J Crew, I know that I have to pay the shipping back for returns. If I buy from Banana Republic, then shipping the returns is free. Companies have different policies, and it is up to the consumer to know before they purchase.

Last edited:

terra firma

Reaction score
At it's widest point the measurement is 19. 18.8 if you're being very particular. It's still off.

edit: Didn't see your edit about sending in a shirt. I think from now on I'm going to be doing that. I do think that these companies need to pay more attention to what they're doing though. I can understand some slight changes in measurements, but getting things .5-1" off all over the place is pretty ridiculous. I can understand how a few things slip through the cracks and if a company is willing to correct it I'm more than happy to give them my business.

edit2: I understand their remake policies, but I expect a company to stand by their claims of quality and accuracy. I do not understand why it's so hard for all of these MTM businesses to follow simple instructions. Almost every single one has made errors regarding the measurements I've given them. It just baffles me.

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your frustrations are understandable, but this is part of the process going MTM over the internet. IMO, it is a question of your risk tolerance. Even bespoke customers sometimes has similar results. Good Luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads