• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ashjini

Reaction score
Here is Luxire itself acknowledging its technological limitations. He wasn't referring to the technical abilities of Indian tailors. He was talking about the technological limitations of the company, specifically that they don't offer updated tracking and order statuses. Relax.

Ok, so what they seem to be lacking is a series of barcode scanners. Sample shirt in, scan. Shirt would get scanned at different stages of production and you would get status updates. These are all from the previous century.

You're the one that cried racism. Don't get sad when people respond to it.

I think they've got some better red stripes than that. But I wouldn't mind looking at the swatch. I'd love to see some burgundy stripes in thinner ones than the candy-stripe they have now.

I do not think I talked on racism. Am not sad about the response either. I just see no point in continuing the argument.

zeBanker

Reaction score
I did a study for Gap long time ago about manufacturing in Asia. The technical capabilities in places like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, India and other such countries would easily put the "sophisticated" world to shame.

I am interested in knowing about the technology Mr. moose is talking about. He possesses some intense knowledge about sophistication, technology and pattern making.
That's your problem. You have no idea about standards today. Even in Bangladesh about 60% of the factories today are comparable to a European Standard. The problem is, that we only hear negative things about the worse ones.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
Thanks for the support here from the other members. @ashjini, I was in no way implying anything racial or cultural here. If you re-read my post everything I posted is factual. I only stated “tailors in India”, because that is in fact the case. In fact, I myself am from an Asian background…

As for technical sophistication, I believe my comment is on point that digital pattern making can be perceived (by me, as I was stating an opinion) to be a more technically sophisticated way of creating clothing. Many people on this board are anti Indochino, but they are in my mind are one of the most technically sophisticated online MTM shops out there bar none, with a user friendly website, online order tracking, and digital pattern making as just some examples.

That said, I’m not highjacking this thread for Indochino. There are reasons why I am here on the Luxire thread as they offer a level of service that Indochino cannot deliver on. I think different vendors can learn from others and to be quite honest it is for our benefit as customers and forum members to discuss that we like from one vendor to another. We see this all the time throughout all the various affiliate threads on this forum.

And finally, I think it is helpful to solicit feedback and experiences from other members that have been down that road before. If not what’s the point of this thread, except for the obligatory collar Appreciation?…

ScootManSam

Reaction score
Ok, so what they seem to be lacking is a series of barcode scanners. Sample shirt in, scan. Shirt would get scanned at different stages of production and you would get status updates. These are all from the previous century.
Right. I mean for them to offer the level of quality and customization at the prices they do, they have to save somewhere. I much prefer they skimp on high tech tracking systems that give us peace of mind than on the quality of the finished product. That being said, I'm sure they will eventually improve this aspect. Doesn't seem like a big priority right now for them.

ashjini

Reaction score
That's your problem. You have no idea about standards today. Even in Bangladesh about 60% of the factories today are comparable to a European Standard. The problem is, that we only hear negative things about the worse ones.
It may be a good idea for you to re-read the comment you are trying to counter because you are repeating what I am saying.

smoothmoose

Reaction score

Once the clothes are in our possession, they are well taken care of. I would not think that there should be a reason to worry.

If someone would like to send an item directly to India, either for their peace of mind or to speed up delivery, we can offer a discounted Fedex shipping label to use and bill the sender for the same.

Thanks Luxire. This would be nice alternative option when sending in our items. Would be great to have this information updated on your website.

ScootManSam

Reaction score

STL Metropolis

Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just to add: We make patterns digitally too. We use the best software and hardware out there for pattern making. But, our best are hand-made.

Our manufacturing facility is second to none in terms of technology, sophistication or machinery. The best clothes are still made by hand.

Technology now is a commodity. But currently, it is not a priority.

I strongly believe that bulk of our customers would choose a well made suit over an easy to navigate website. Though would not mind having both.

Last edited:

zeBanker

Reaction score
It may be a good idea for you to re-read the comment you are trying to counter because you are repeating what I am saying.
My bad, sorry! You are right, I misread it. If there are problems in the beginning for luxire with new items, such as the jackets, it may be the case, that this needs a lot of experience, if it's hand made. I heard of (sophisticated) men cloths companies moving production in those countries and training their staff by expertise tailors have a year just to let the people there gain experience how to make jackets by hand. The trousers seem to be astonishing already, the shirts are really fine as well, if other products will keep up with the same standard, Luxire would be the first actually (if you can call it like that) online bespoke tailor. And with growing demand, there will be some money for a better information system, otherwise I offer to get my hands on this (as it is my profession) and get a good deal, like shirts and trousers for a good fully integrated information system :p

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Getting back to clothing, I'm looking to have a pair of mid-grey work horse trousers made. So far, the Dugdale Fine Worsted - Light Grey is looking like the best option. Anyone have any experience with any of the Dugdale Fine Worsteds? Would they make a good four-season trouser? Any other recommendations? http://custom.luxire.com/collections/pants/products/dugdale-light-grey-plain-8960
I've thought about getting a pair or two to work with fresco and linen trousers during the summer. Keep in mind the weight appears to be in the 8-9 ounce range which is definitely a summer weight. I've worn similar trousers in a comparable weight wool and believe that they probably have a bit more seasonal flexibility than linen or fresco but not a ton. I'd want a heavy wool or probably a nice flannel for the winter months and chilly fall and spring days. If you live in a warm climate, these might be more versatile for you but are not winter appropriate unless you don't have a real winter.

ScootManSam

Reaction score
I've thought about getting a pair or two to work with fresco and linen trousers during the summer. Keep in mind the weight appears to be in the 8-9 ounce range which is definitely a summer weight. I've worn similar trousers in a comparable weight wool and believe that they probably have a bit more seasonal flexibility than linen or fresco but not a ton. I'd want a heavy wool or probably a nice flannel for the winter months and chilly fall and spring days. If you live in a warm climate, these might be more versatile for you but are not winter appropriate unless you don't have a real winter.

Thanks archi. I don't know that much about what weight range is appropriate for each season, but from what I've read 8-9oz or ~260-350g for a worsted wool is in that four season range. Howard Yount, for example, advertises their 260g/9.2oz VBC Super 100s as 'Four Season' (http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/four-season-super-100s-dark-gray). Obviously this is subjective depending on where you live (I live in DC, but likely moving to NYC in the near future). I don't expect these to keep my legs toasty warm in the winter like a flannel would, but isn't this a pretty standard middle weight if I'm just starting to build out my trouser wardrobe? I don't see a heavy flannel as a plausible option for steamy DC/NY summers. For this type of climate, am I best off going for more three-season trousers? It seems hard to find something that can take you from a steamy summer through a chilly winter.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks archi. I don't know that much about what weight range is appropriate for each season, but from what I've read 8-9oz or ~260-350g for a worsted wool is in that four season range. Howard Yount, for example, advertises their 260g/9.2oz VBC Super 100s as 'Four Season' (http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/four-season-super-100s-dark-gray). Obviously this is subjective depending on where you live (I live in DC, but likely moving to NYC in the near future). I don't expect these to keep my legs toasty warm in the winter like a flannel would, but isn't this a pretty standard middle weight if I'm just starting to build out my trouser wardrobe? I don't see a heavy flannel as a plausible option for steamy DC/NY summers. For this type of climate, am I best off going for more three-season trousers? It seems hard to find something that can take you from a steamy summer through a chilly winter. 

Living in a place like NYC makes it fairly difficult to have a "true" 4 season trouser. It will be scorching hot on the subway platforms in the summer and freezing in the dead of winter. You're really better off starting with a mid-weight fabric for fall and spring, but you should also plan on getting the flannels and heavier stuff for winter and then getting some lighter weight stuff for summer.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads