• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It began to trend last year in "#menswear" in Sweden and some larger Swedish brands have some seersucker S/S 18. Having said that, I will easily be the only one in seersucker at campus come May and June. And frankly I don't really care for trends and fashion that much. Everything looks good if the fit is spot on, and worn with confidence, especially a pink pair of seersucker trousers ;)

Is seersucker popular in Sweden?

Mine are at the tailor at the moment. Still far too cold to wear them where I live.

Actually seersucker has a long tradition in Sweden and there is even an old fashioned word for it in Swedish: bäckebölja (an old word for "waves", referring to the structure of the fabric). However, it was mainly used for bedlinens and also for casual clothing (especially shorts) and children's clothes. Seersucker as menswear comes later and was of course inspired by US trends. Even though it's trending right now it's still rare to see someone in a full seersucker suit in Sweden, but you do see people using SC's during the summer.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@SpooPoker These days one of my favorite emails to see comes from Christine- "Your consignments are going live".

Can't thank you enough for the successful sales! Had ties/shirts etc. I tried selling on eBay or poshmark myself for months with no luck. Some of the items I sent to you I ended up netting 3x my original asking price...crazy. Spoo dat dude doe.

giphy.gif

there is even an old fashioned word for it in Swedish: bäckebölja

do I need to start using that as a keyword?

hst

Reaction score
Just received my shorts and trousers as they took some time to reach Asia where I am and I was also away on vacation. Quite happy with them. 3 out of 4 fitted quite well. Not a bad hit rate given there were no measurements when I snapped them up!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually seersucker has a long tradition in Sweden and there is even an old fashioned word for it in Swedish: bäckebölja (an old word for "waves", referring to the structure of the fabric). However, it was mainly used for bedlinens and also for casual clothing (especially shorts) and children's clothes. Seersucker as menswear comes later and was of course inspired by US trends. Even though it's trending right now it's still rare to see someone in a full seersucker suit in Sweden, but you do see people using SC's during the summer.

I remember sleeping in seersucker/bäckebölja bedlinen when I was sleeping at my granny's place as a kid. Super comfy stuff!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Monica has finished the shirt pics and they look fantastic. I hope her pro photos sell more shirts than my ****** photography sold waistcoats :(
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 8.21.58 AM.png

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monica has finished the shirt pics and they look fantastic. I hope her pro photos sell more shirts than my ****** photography sold waistcoats :(
View attachment 956654

LOL. It's all about the presentation. I don't love the lapes but if you're so sick of them you pass out a GETEMNOWORNEVERGETEMGONE I won't really have a choice.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 956654

It may be a function of necessity. Folks just need more shirts and pants than odd waistcoats.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any 36 Garda that didn’t work for them?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually want the waistcoats it’s just lack of funds/not right size. It sucks that you finally realize you have been dressing poorly and now need to overhaul your entire wardrobe from undershirts to sportcoats. I just put on my go to sportcoat the other night only to look in the mirror and say this isn’t fitting correctly at all.

Hopefully I’ll get a couple of the flatcaps you have up. Just having one black one doesn’t cut it.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good news is that pocket squares are (allegedly) in the air to me, so should be here next week - which will go up alongside the Drakes x LuxeSwap ties. But first the shirts next Wednesday.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@SpooPoker - just wanted to say on the shirts that I'm an interested buyer but without chest/shoulder/sleeve measurements I'll be sadly sitting it out. I know that's a pain on your end, but as someone with arms on the longer side of normal, I've just bought+donated too many shirts with sleeves that weren't long enough to roll the dice.

I'm not badgering you for it, I'm only passing it along as an intel data point for you as a seller. #BuySpoosShirts

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fyi: for me it wasn't the photography at all, the ones I wanted just weren't in my size! :brick:
I hope her pro photos sell more shirts than my ****** photography sold waistcoats
:(

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todays goal is to work bäckebölja in a conversation with someone in the store.
Like "damn, that's a seriously nice bäckebölja suit you got there! It's totally worth bidding twice as much as I first intended"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads