• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was watching the smalls and one medium in ash grey and navy, but I think I actually flinched and didn't get anything in as the bids rocketed up in the last few seconds 😅

Only to kick myself later... lesson learnt!

ah man sorry, only L and XL going back up tonight!

Jnarcane

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does LuxeSwap measure jackets such that a 38 reliably has <17.5" shoulders and 31"+ length? That's narrow and very long, respectively, by the usual ways of measuring (seam to seam at top for shoulders and bottom of collar down for length).

Examples: 1 2 3

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How does LuxeSwap measure jackets such that a 38 reliably has <17.5" shoulders and 31"+ length? That's narrow and very long, respectively, by the usual ways of measuring (seam to seam at top for shoulders and bottom of collar down for length).

Examples: 1 2 3

laid flat, on a table. shoulders across the front, seams only, and the entire length including the collar.

notdos

Reaction score
This is great info. I’ve held off bidding on some SC that the length seemed excessive for the sizing. Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly, but I was thinking you guys used to measure from the bottom of the collar.

Phillip

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is great info. I’ve held off on bidding on some jackets, because the length seemed excessive for the sizing. Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly, but it seems like you guys used to measure from the bottom of the collar.

Phillip
I feel like they used to, I have also changed my bidding patters based on this!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I always thought the measurements were from the bottom!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Understand too guys - you/we are menswear minutia crazy people - for the other people bidding - many of which who use translation programs to decipher the text, it has to be super clear and easy, not like StyFo measurements!

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get ready for some serious fire power coming your way. Medium, large fellas look at lots of NMWA goods come thanksgiving.
Hope there are still slots left!
Trying to get this out today.

edit: out the door!
each box was 35 lbs!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
anyone that can help translate this for me? No tags on these pants except for this on the drawstring :
Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 10.33.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 10.33.53 AM.png

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Translated literally it says "traveling the four seas" but is a Chinese phrase for seeing the world and being well traveled in general. Not sure if it is associated with a brand or anything like that.

thanks man! Doesnt help me with the brand but good to know though!

Coupla updates for you guys!

Tonights ending auctions are the first batch of our good friend / employee of a loved store, so L/XL's be on alert!

We are only a few scant weeks away from the first debut of Bruce Boyers stuff - Bruce and I have also collaborated on a double signed certificate that will be included with randomly (i.e. the highest value, repeat and long term clients) selected wins autographed by him and I (clearly, you want my autograph, not his duh) with the pieces. Half of his batch starts rolling out the week before Thanksgiving, and the other half, obviously, on the big day Thanksgiving night. Bruce is about a 36/38 S, but the ties and scarves (hoooo boy) are of course OSFA!

Leading up to that, this coming Thursdays drop is a frickin DOOZY. If you shop NMWA, the week is basically entirely NMWA stuff or similar, its a big huzzah pre-game ball drop for the Turkey day Week 48 next month.

On Week 48, we have pretty much closed the books on that as its already stuffed (@Trayco ill do my best bro), and Week 49, the tryptophan induced little brother of the big show, aint looking too shabby either.

NY and east coast / NMWA trunk show attendees - Greg and I owe you a trunk show, we had one planned for last Friday but some unforseen circumstances forced us to postpone. We will try and get you our Balvenie induced good times soon. Maybe we can combine it with a holiday dinner and tipple too.

Reason being, our landlord for the store where we have been ideal tenants for the last 6+ years has been pulling some BS, and long story short, put our building up for auction (ironic, dont ya think) without informing us. So the prospect of a new landlord / eviction if they want to demolish and rebuild, or a major rent increase is making us scramble for a safety net. Its a very annoying situation and an uncomfortable one at best. The last thing I want to be doing in Q4 is to search for new ample sized real estate in a small-ish town where there are not that many options, and uproot our entire operation - but we may have to. At minimum, we have to be prepared to. To move and upgrade as you all know is not cheap, so I could really use your support in throwing some healthy bids on some quality merch thats listed as every dollar is critical for us right now. Theres a few places Im working on that are really fantastic for our needs, but are minimally double our current rent, not including a new buildout, which is at least 30K.

Sorry to vent/rant on that, but its the most annoying situation, especially because they have been evasive and subversive regarding the sale and I had to find out only because someone sent me the link - they never informed me or any of my neighboring store owners. Anyhow, I've always been up front and honest with y'all, so thats whats going on.

TLDR, theres a lot of incredible **** coming your way, we may move, we may not, but I need the money, bid with reckless abandon!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover