• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your weight loss

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
why is coffee cheating? no calories no insulin = all good
Well, to qualify as true fasting, nothing but water should enter the body. Caffeine is a stimulant; it impacts the state of the milieu intÃ
00a9.png
rieur
. Of course, if you find you perform better with a bit of caffeine, it's all about whatever works best for you. Personally, I enjoy a nice bit of heavy cream in mine. Though, I do drink black every now and then.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
You said you'd **** off from this thread, nice to see you were as serious about that as the rest of your posts.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you so angry?

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrH
Well, tbh my post wasn't all that informative. What I was merely trying to convey was that meal frequency is really not an issue and comes really down to preference. So if you're comfortable with, say, smaller meals and having breakfast, that's cool. So is having bigger meals and not eating breakfast.

I'd actually try this, but for some reason if I don't have small meals now ill get shakey

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
I'd actually try this, but for some reason if I don't have small meals now ill get shakey

try it, you'll get un-shakey, promise

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Why are you so angry?

hahaha suck it you ******* otter

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
194 in Jan 2007 after back surgery in 9.2006 and post-op recovery. so i told myself that i was going to walk 1000 miles in 2007. at the end of the year after 1083 miles i was down to 174. went back up to low 180s. swimming has helped me bring that down to mid 160s which is what i weighed when i graduated from college many many many years ago. if i actually watched what i ate, i think i could probably bring it down another 10 lbs.

-Jeff

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
try it, you'll get un-shakey, promise

Fine, i'll try it since i need to lose 10lbs before I go to the beach. Do you know what I mean by "shakey"? Like when you don't get something to eat and you feel like you're about to pass the eff out? If this will take care of that i'll give it a go. It seems like If i don't eat something with protein like cashews or something in between my other meals then i'm screwed.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Subtraction. Keep your activity levels and diet consistent, protein high, etc. simply take 10% away from your intake (maybe from starchy carbs?) and roll from there. imo getting into a "cutting" mindset immediately makes people hit the panic button, hitting up cardio 6x a week on a starvation diet. Not saying this is you, but given you bulk really well with minimal fat gain then if you simply take away from that one variable, you should do fine the other way.

Hey I do this when I wind up in a conditioning cycle. Eat about the same, maybe a touch less starchy carbs and less extra fat, and add in conditioning work. Wind up dropping about a percent in 2 weeks.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
Fine, i'll try it since i need to lose 10lbs before I go to the beach. Do you know what I mean by "shakey"? Like when you don't get something to eat and you feel like you're about to pass the eff out? If this will take care of that i'll give it a go. It seems like If i don't eat something with protein like cashews or something in between my other meals then i'm screwed.

yeah man, the sick-hungry feeling. sucks large, but it'll go away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghrelin

one that bad boy gets acclimated, you'll feel better. im not sure what your meal schedule is, but when i was fasting for 16-20 hours of the day I would at least have one small meal of a few hardboiled eggs, handful of berries, etc. under 300 calories of easily digested protein and low-gi carbs during the fast.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No pics, but 3 years ago to the week I weighed in at 218lbs on a 5'10 frame. Today I weighed in at 148 - high school days!
smile.gif
My only complaint is a bit of loose skin around the belly button.

Reaction score
^holy cow i'm the same height and at most i've been down to 155. i barely ate at that weight and i was younger. 175 is comfortable to me but 165 is my ideal. what would you say your frame is? i think i'm a medium.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guest
^holy cow i'm the same height and at most i've been down to 155. i barely ate at that weight and i was younger. 175 is comfortable to me but 165 is my ideal. what would you say your frame is? i think i'm a medium.
I guess I'm an ectomorph, which made me skinnyfat when I was heavy. I now have ribs showing when I lift my arms. I attribute the weight loss to a book called "Fit for Life" and have still followed the nutrition guide. I make fridays my cheat day and eat whatever I want (usually rice pudding, flan, cherry pie). Other than that I've been doing P90X for definition and it has really helped.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what all the ectomorph.. mesomorph or any of that means (links?) but I can say that loose skin is a serious problem for me as well. I guess all people who have lost a significant amount of weight face it..

ethinton

Reaction score
RDeVV.jpg

Ectomorphs are skinny folks who can have trouble gaining weight, whereas endomorphs tend to be larger, carry some excess weight, and have more trouble losing it. Mesomorphs, on the other hand, tend to build up muscle quickly, and compose the majority of the people you see working out in those fitness infomercials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads