• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad if that jacket isn't specifically chromexcel. I thought you'd specifically said as such, it looks like it is, and frankly I just assume these days that if most companies are gonna pay for the Horween name, they're probably buying CXL.

I've been looking at Thurston's stuff a lot recently, they have some (Aero) jackets in chromexcel horsehide. I get why other people would buy those, but for me Aero's vicenza HH is better in every way.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My bad if that jacket isn't specifically chromexcel. I thought you'd specifically said as such, it looks like it is, and frankly I just assume these days that if most companies are gonna pay for the Horween name, they're probably buying CXL.

I've been looking at Thurston's stuff a lot recently, they have some (Aero) jackets in chromexcel horsehide. I get why other people would buy those, but for me Aero's vicenza HH is better in every way.

I was just clarifying because i didn't see on the site.

yea i agree the aero vicenza looks fantastic. Yea the CXL FQHH as i hear is a back breaker so i'd lean to the vicenza as well. I cant imagine something that weights like the 316xSchott rough out and is immovable.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a new Thedi to set my sights on:
b1039b53dc769c23aea742991e7c4c00--motorcycle-jackets-cafe-racer.jpg

Turns out after trying a Rick 50, there's no way I can make modern Rick work. Shoulders and upper arms are skin-tight, sleeve length covers my hands entirely, it's just not a good look. So Rick is back off the table. Which now means all I've got on my list is a Thedi DR and an Aero Board Racer. Simple simple.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So got shipping for the Langlitz jacket I ordered. Pretty fantastic turnaround of 27 days.

Won't be here until next week (bah UPS from the west coast taking 6 days. That's absurd), but will put up some photos when I get it. Maaaay even be able to wear it a bit still! I put in the order because I was going to be able to stop by the shop and get measured in person, figuring I'd end up getting it right around the time it would be too hot to wear.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Callusing that thedi is dope!

Agreed. Buffalo leather #MTC-12799. Same as the suede one I posted a while back, but I like the full-leather version better.

Will have to figure out whether Thurston can get that one made for me, AND I've gotta decide what color I want it in. (Won't be that brown, because it's almost exactly the same as my Nine Lives rider.) But Thedi does a great DR rendition...just enough going on.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. Buffalo leather #MTC-12799. Same as the suede one I posted a while back, but I like the full-leather version better.

Will have to figure out whether Thurston can get that one made for me, AND I've gotta decide what color I want it in. (Won't be that brown, because it's almost exactly the same as my Nine Lives rider.) But Thedi does a great DR rendition...just enough going on.

post your findings, i doubt i am in for a 4th rider (i have ro high neck rider, ro stooges in heavy calf, 316xSchott and FCL Leon Custom coming) but i might keep it in mind for another time.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what happened to @Understatesman?

Paralysis by analysis perhaps?

^^I don't love that Thedi DR above, only because double riders to me almost always look best in black.

Speaking of "best you've ever seen" -- saw a guy in the lounge at Charles de Gaulle waiting the Shanghai flight in this: https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...bskin_cod40123668lv.html#dept=men_rtw_leather

5k is a lot but in person it's the best "fashion" leather I've seen, at least how this guy wore it -- appeared to be SL denim and some kind of expensive white sneakers...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads