• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheLastZealot

Reaction score
Yeah I considered l01 bc it’s more low key but couldn’t say no to og oiled calf

Hoping the flapping belt doesn’t bother me too much :tongue:

the belt will be loud, because there is a metal tube on the buckle, and you will get metal ringing sound all the time. I removed mine and it went quiet after

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If this doesn't illustrate the nature of our disease, nothing will.

Pretty much man. I do bookmark things and keep and eye on them.

Not to mention a lot of the jackets I like are similar but diff leathers or pulls etc. I keep saying don’t bother with certain things cuz I have them but the mild difference, you know.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Peter1 how did you get into the first class lounge (ha ha :))?

The more I look at the YSL jacket the more I find it a little too decorated. I like chunky zippers, and don't mind lots of them, but not *those,* and what's with the three snap-looking things on the lower back?

You all are going to ask someone to hold your beer when you see the Langlitz I ordered, of course. It's certainly not minimalist in anyway, and Im likely to post a photo of a Lewis with lots of padding and zippers and in blue and such, so I guess it's horses for courses here.

And I've never seen one of these in person that I know of, so maybe I'd see it better that way. Wonder if Chicago has these. I could tell my wife "Just going out to look at a $5K leather jacket honey, don't like it, just want to see it, bye." And I assume she'd change the locks while I was out.

@Callusing It seems like Thedi always styles these jackets very cropped and fitted through the body. Personally would probably prefer the look of that one with more room overall. I continue to find his leathers very interesting. Love the look he gets from his cowhides and that buffalo is a really nice looking leather too.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the belt will be loud, because there is a metal tube on the buckle, and you will get metal ringing sound all the time. I removed mine and it went quiet after

I don’t mind the noise actually. I don’t even hear it anymore when I’m walking around

The more I look at the YSL jacket the more I find it a little too decorated. I like chunky zippers, and don't mind lots of them, but not *those,* and what's with the three snap-looking things on the lower back?

You all are going to ask someone to hold your beer when you see the Langlitz I ordered, of course. It's certainly not minimalist in anyway, and Im likely to post a photo of a Lewis with lots of padding and zippers and in blue and such, so I guess it's horses for courses here.

And I've never seen one of these in person that I know of, so maybe I'd see it better that way. Wonder if Chicago has these. I could tell my wife "Just going out to look at a $5K leather jacket honey, don't like it, just want to see it, bye." And I assume she'd change the locks while I was out.

Yeah it’s very fashiony and my version is even louder in the front. Looking forward to pics of your Langlitz!

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this. Too much money though.

13465125_15718781_1000.jpg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SL makes really nice suede jackets. Hedi's old Trapper is still one of my all-time faves:
saint-laurent-nude-suede-trapper-jacket-beige-product-0-650482397-normal.jpeg

Unrelated noob question: Do quilted linings on jackets compress over time? I've stayed away from them because I have a hard time getting jackets to fit as-is, and the added bulk doesn't help the situation. But I'm really digging Blackmeans again, and almost all their jackets have quilted linings.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Unrelated noob question: Do quilted linings on jackets compress over time? I've stayed away from them because I have a hard time getting jackets to fit as-is, and the added bulk doesn't help the situation. But I'm really digging Blackmeans again, and almost all their jackets have quilted linings.

mine havent

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I like this. Too much money though.

View attachment 1162989

looks like it's got hoodie pockets lmao, clint way better

saw this older asian man walking out the apple store when i was getting my phone replaced in december and his dr looked very impressive, du was swagged out but then was wearing slides :lol:

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Business travel FTW. If I'm expected to fly from Paris to Shanghai, then Wuhan, then back to Shanghai then to Paris n four days, I ain't doing it in coach. That said, I think you can also get in with 6,000 miles on a Flying Blue MasterCard.

IRL it the SL didn't look garish, but if you wore it they way, say, Buzz Bissinger might have, it would be a bit of a disaster.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I see of the Clint the more I like it.

Blackmeans has got me thinking about trying to pull off something like this:
Cx5eO67XcAQZfM0.jpg

Too much distressing on that one for me (that's from their Haven-exclusive batch a little while back), but that shape + sheep + all that gold hardware is just lovely.

Their Obscura editorial made it look more a little more low-key than I might have expected:
Obscura-SS17-July-Feature-9.jpg

Obscura-SS17-July-Feature-7.jpg

But I still ain't cool enough for it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I dig it, gives me a sunset strip viper room vibe. Besides it would be nice to have something different than all the same perfect iterations of that jacket. But who the **** is blackmeans and what's their brand story?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dialdesk