• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been slowly letting go of my darker SZ-style stuff and slowly trading it for stuff that pairs well with jeans and boots (mainly Paul Harnden and this jacket). I still love my Layer-0 stuff in particular, just gotta figure how to weave it in. PH blazer, straight-leg jeans, and a biker jacket all go together pretty well in the same "universe," I think. I also wear a ton of Teatora and some Comoli at work that never gets photographed for the internet hahah

@nicelynice

I recall you mentioning that you got a 'non-rider' version that was slightly longer in the torso (as opposed to cropped at the waist) and moved the waist hardware further back. For reference, was there an option to make the sleeves a shorter 'non-rider' length? If so, did you select it?

I'm sure I could ask addict but it would be useful to know if that was an option you selected to have a frame of reference since the sleeve length on yours looks bike friendly (i.e. slightly longer).

Sleeve length is adjustable for sure, I went with the original length as it's not super long. Keep in mind that I'm just wearing a t-shirt underneath and the sleeves will naturally shorten by as much as an inch as they "honeycomb" or crease up or whatever.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Recently went to Japan and took my 5zip with me. I underestimated the cold and that day was one of the few I was able to wear it comfortably.

Last edited:

Nutzz

Reaction score
My best jacket, anyone knows more about it? Got it recently from a friend. Replay Long Road
[/IMG]

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wearing it hard for four days, finally starting to soften up. Horse is super thick, a bit more than I kinda initially thought upon comparison with my other jackets. Feels much better at the end of the day once it's warmed up a bit

Ignore my pajamas haha

JasonV

Reaction score
Hi,

Can I ask please what size did you get and what size are you normally/in other brands for comparison.

Thanks

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a 38 - I'm typically between a small and medium in most brands. Measurements on the site are fairly accurate and there's no surprises with the fit. Subtract a couple cm because the leather is thick

I could have sized down one if I planned to wear with a t-shirt, but wanted to be able to wear a sweatshirt or knit underneath

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS. Did you see/feel how their Cow and Sheep skin was?

Yeah, cow is "kip leather," fairly heavy weight. It has a pretty uniform grain texture across the whole piece

Lamb is fantastic, soft yet quite thick -- very different from "fashion" lamb. It's dyed brown then black and will fade to brown for an awesome vintage effect

See more info here:
http://addict-clothes.com/products/leathers/

JasonV

Reaction score

Yeah, cow is "kip leather," fairly heavy weight. It has a pretty uniform grain texture across the whole piece

Lamb is fantastic, soft yet quite thick -- very different from "fashion" lamb. It's dyed brown then black and will fade to brown for an awesome vintage effect

See more info here:
http://addict-clothes.com/products/leathers/

Thanks and really appreciate the help.

Undecided between Cow/Lamb as reckon Horse would be too thick, might go the Lamb route for something different.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads