• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EdAno

Reaction score
Why not get the actual Lewis instead of this?

I guess I will have to give a minor round of applause to Addict for at least not ripping off Lewis's sleeve pocket like the other JP brands do.

Lewis will do a narrower bottom opening too. ;)

Power of more attractive presentation on the website .. lol.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 1.06.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 1.06.21 PM.png

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Power of more attractive presentation on the website .. lol.

View attachment 1695443
View attachment 1695444
I have to say, i never gave Lewis much thought and i was against the logo patch as i generally do not care of logos but I started looking at more of their offerings and many of the styles grew on me to the point where I actually like the patch.

I picked up a vintage super monza shortly after that and its really one of the nicest jackets i have. The quality is obvious and i really like the design. Logo is on the shoulder, it's pretty discreet.

I haven't gotten anything modern but i probably will at some point soon. The jacket @MrProper posted looks great and as was just mentioned they do mtm size adjustments as well along with some solid leather choices. Seems like a win win and their pricing is favorable to addict. And they are the original

EdAno

Reaction score
That's an archival photo of a 40 year old jacket. There are a ton of Japanese photos of the 391 too, if you prefer.

Anyway, I'm just saying you'd probably get a better jacket, with the waist you want. ;)

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 1.28.35 PM.png

The little details between the two such as the button location on the collar and the size of the collar itself, make Addict jacket more attractive to me also. And the brand patch of Lewis and the extra zipper on the arm.. both probably could be omitted upon request. But you are right the bottom hem customizing would have been nice. I can always get the alteration from Johnson leathers in SFO if needed.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say, i never gave Lewis much thought and i was against the logo patch as i generally do not care of logos but I started looking at more of their offerings and many of the styles grew on me to the point where I actually like the patch.

I had the same thought process with Lewis myself, complete with eventually coming to appreciate the patch.

Apparently the reason they stopped allowing you to omit the patch on MTO jackets was the whole industry of Japanese Lewises (the worst offender to me is actually FCL) though I heard they might be allowing it again upon request.

View attachment 1695456
The little details between the two such as the button location on the collar and the size of the collar itself, make Addict jacket more attractive to me also. And the brand patch of Lewis and the extra zipper on the arm.. both probably could be omitted upon request. But you are right the bottom hem customizing would have been nice. I can always get the alteration from Johnson leathers in SFO if needed.

I actually wouldn't expect there to be much difference in the button placement/collar size between the two (provided both jackets are the same size), since Addict started out as a vintage Lewis reseller in Japan. And yeah, the sleeve pocket can be omitted but props on Addict for not copying it in the first place (which FCL does); it is to Lewis what the Levi's arc is to Levi's.

Addict didn't start making these as a ULTIMATEJAPANESE knockoff like FCL did. They were running low on their supply of vintage, so they made these as an (at least initially) more affordable option for the domestic Japanese market, without the hefty import fees.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EdAno I didn't want to double post so I made my reply to you part of the previous message, but you'd already seen it by then, haha.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You folks know my opinion on this. I returned the Addict rider, really didn't like the leather and fir of it. I've never had a LL but they are way more well known.

I dig this much more than the addict
Triumph%20mag2.jpg

i also like what FCL did here
image_02d21fae-f296-4e74-8389-3cf8b824c823_1024x1024.jpg

You'd probably like the veg-tanned cow Lewis 391:

711e13ee-9f31-480e-9a64-64eba1231514-jpeg.307096

EUleb9ZUwAUiPPi
EcU1vnGXgAIRaSa

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads