• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread

Kashiwa

Reaction score

A couple models are made in a size 0 and I can't find size 4 anywhere. .

Zakurie, thanks for posting the sizing info. When I visited previously, they had one model in size 4. I believe it was this desert boot, but I could be wrong.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`m a US 7c in brannock so based on the previous post, I am a 0?
Can`t decide which one I want :lol:

Kashiwa

Reaction score
^^Yes, it is very difficult to select one. However, the limited number of models in size 0 may make it easier for you. Have a look at Rakuten.

zakurie

Reaction score

Zakurie, thanks for posting the sizing info. When I visited previously, they had one model in size 4. I believe it was this desert boot, but I could be wrong.

The shop has some options available that they do not post on their website or sell through other shops, so it might be hard to find all options available...

Kashiwa

Reaction score

The shop has some options available that they do not post on their website or sell through other shops, so it might be hard to find all options available...

Very true. If anyone is interested in something you can't find on Rakuten etc. I am happy to call on the phone and inquire.

kram6136

Reaction score
Just dropped by MOTO in Aoyama at lunchtime today, thanks to Kashiwa's recommendation. Amazing shop, and the beautiful woman behind the counter was very helpful. The camel boots are superb in person, and the dark brown desert boots are too. Tough decision! I'll have to go back with some $$ and try them on. Lots of other beautiful goodies there too: wallets, watch straps, silver jewelry, etc. Not to be missed.

MrSkelter

Reaction score
If we were to get sufficient shoe orders we'd also supply precise measurements of the shoes to enable accurate orders to be placed.

We'll do anything we can to eliminate the possibility of making mistakes. One advantage of a personal connection is the ability to access products we haven't purchased or imported.

As it stands we're interested in demand right now. Let us know your desires, we'll do our best to make people happy.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Glad you made it to MOTO. And, you're right, that little shop has many a treasure. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a wallet from them. My wife has one and it is gorgeous.

I know you were looking for a foul weather shoe. Did you have a chance to ask if they have any such thing? Wondering how the camel would hold up?

kram6136

Reaction score
^ Yes, I did ask about the rainy weather thing. She told me that the camel is better than cow hide in the rain, and can be treated the same way as chromexcel, e.g. with Obenauf's LP or beeswax etc. This might be what I was looking for!

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If we were to get sufficient shoe orders we'd also supply precise measurements of the shoes to enable accurate orders to be placed. 

We'll do anything we can to eliminate the possibility of making mistakes. One advantage of a personal connection is the ability to access products we haven't purchased or imported. 

As it stands we're interested in demand right now. Let us know your desires, we'll do our best to make people happy.

MrSkelter, thanks for doing this for MOTO fans. Please add to me the list :)

I am interested in these models:

captoe bluchers

long chukka boots, but in the oiled velours leather:

kram6136

Reaction score
I went back to MOTO in Aoyama today and tried on several items: mainly the whole-cut medallion loafers, camel chukkas, and camel plain toe oxfords. I think I was able to find a pretty good fit in each of them, but the size I could do so in varied. For reference, I wear an 8.5D on the Alden Barrie, Tru-Balance, and Van lasts. At MOTO, the best fits were size 2 in the medallion loafer and camel oxford, and size 1 (to my surprise) in the camel chukka. Apparently, the chukka runs big. They were all tempting, but I decided to grab the white camel chukkas today. I may have to go back for those loafers though! By the way, the staff is wonderful - knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. And patient.

I'll give an updated report on the fit once I've worn them a while, but for now here are some pics.

My new white camel chukkas:

The soles are neo-cork like Indy boots:

The stacked leather heels are beautiful, and also check out the stenciled canvas eco tote they came in:

Anyway, early days but I'm really happy with this purchase. The camel leather is so soft on the foot. The moment I put them on, I knew I'd have to get them. So comfortable. I'll post an update once I've worn them a bit. If anyone has any questions about them, or about the other items I tried on, I'll do my best to answer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads