• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

rickgrimes10

Reaction score
On similar note, the sizing for the heritage chino shorts or madras shorts are not true to size. For example, for the heritage chino shorts size 32 has a garment waist of 33.5" according to a customer service rep I chatted with.

rcd213

Reaction score
Slim fit vs. Heritage Straight Jeans

Anyone try both/either of these and can make some comparison to Levi's (514 etc)... In terms of quality, sizing, fit... Im thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of these and am looking for something around the 514s in terms of quality, maybe just a bit slimmer... Thanks

mothball

Reaction score
I tried some of the slim fit, and I would say they're pretty close in fit & quality to the 514. I sized down one in the waist from Levi's. You can get them at a great price; I just didn't like any of the washes when I saw them in person. The Heritage Straight is not a slim fit by any means.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Anyone buy the current heritage harrington jacket? Reviews or pics of it?

I bought it and returend it. I'm 6'2" and it was WAY too short in the body and sleeves. These kinds of things can be hit or miss so I thought I'd give it a shot... didn't work out.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
I bought it and returend it. I'm 6'2" and it was WAY too short in the body and sleeves. These kinds of things can be hit or miss so I thought I'd give it a shot... didn't work out.

Thanks, I'm 5'9'' so it might be a better fit.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
Anyone buy the current heritage harrington jacket? Reviews or pics of it?

Tried it on at a Sears. It has a better fit than the previous billowy version, but the material/construction is meh. Seems like the navy blue would fade and fade fast. Wouldn't be bad as a light beater jacket.

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rickgrimes10
On similar note, the sizing for the heritage chino shorts or madras shorts are not true to size. For example, for the heritage chino shorts size 32 has a garment waist of 33.5" according to a customer service rep I chatted with.
I think that's the case in many pants/shorts. I wear anywhere between a 34 to 36. In most shorts, I wear a 34 (J Crew, etc.) and I wear a 34 in Levis 501s. In dress trousers (Incotex) I wear a 36. I purchased the Heritage Chino shorts in size 34 and they fit me perfectly. Length is great for me, as well. Hits right at the knee and I am 5' 10" I am very pleased with the shorts.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MadAboutPlaid
I think that's the case in many pants/shorts. I wear anywhere between a 34 to 36. In most shorts, I wear a 34 (J Crew, etc.) and I wear a 34 in Levis 501s. In dress trousers (Incotex) I wear a 36. I purchased the Heritage Chino shorts in size 34 and they fit me perfectly. Length is great for me, as well. Hits right at the knee and I am 5' 10" I am very pleased with the shorts.
This is correct, I'm a 30 in practically any pair of pants. All of them measure between 16-16.5" in the waist, usually around 16.25". Go measure some of the pants/shorts that fit you now. I'm positive all of them will be bigger than the tagged size.

zerostyle

Reaction score
What brands do people like that are similar to LEC in pricing/fit? My biggest problem w/ LEC is that they don't have many staple styles ( tatersall, university stripe, thin stripes, limited check patterns, etc )

Of the mall brands-
Banana Republic - ($36-$50 after coupons) seems ok, but it kind of pricey - can get shirts somewhat reasonable after 40% off.
H&M - ($30 range) - like the fit, but falls apart
Express - ($23 range after coupons) like the fit, limited selections, falls apart
Gap - pretty bad all around
Club Monaco - crazy expensive
JCrew - really expensive.

I'm considering J Crew Factory stuff right now - around $25-$30/shirt. Any better options? No uniqlo nearby.

Also open to places to buy online with coupons/etc.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ wait for sales to buy the better stuff. are you in super rush for new shirts? not necessarily i think...

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LEC is def trying to limit its issuing of coupons-- similar to llbean sig and jcrew. Just hold out, as I doubt many shmucks are buying these clothes at full price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads