• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
22778288803_bb7d5fed81_c.jpg

@barims wearing new prototype sunglasses, and my View of Edo wall print. Of all the art I have hanging on my walls, this is by far my favorite. There is so much detail in it, I can stare at it for hours.

If you want to buy a print of this or Shinagawa, Shah Jahan shamsa, or Le Neptune Francois, email [email protected]

I don't know how you do it, but you have an uncanny gift in selecting square designs. E-mail incoming regarding those prints....

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, there's a full range of polos to try on to determine your size.

SamF

Reaction score
Any experiences in here with KW suits? I'm quite awkward to fit & think I'd really benefit from trying out MTM and as I'm in the UK there really doesn't seem to be anything that can match KW's price point for this, particularly as I can go & visit them down in London.

SamF

Reaction score
Yes - This whole thread has experiences, many of them quite positive.

Awesome - was just wondering if there was anyone about who might light to speak about them. 300 odd pages is a lot to go through.

SamF, I was shown the suits and fabrics when I visited KW in NYC, and they had canvased/structured suits and unstructured, both of which looked quite good. There are definitely a lot of fabric choices.
Yeah the fabric choice looks impressive. Reckon my best bet is probably just to make an appointment to visit them in London & have a chat. Failing anything else I can always pick up a tie or some pocket squares. On the tie note: how are KW knits? Are they the dry, crunchy or the softer, smoother type?

professorclee

Reaction score
SamF, I have bought exclusively knit ties from KW and just went in my closet to fondle them for you.
mwink[1].gif

They are what I would call slightly crunchy, not dry (I have a P Johnson burnt orange knit that is really crispy) but with "good hand". They are comparable to the Viola Milano knit that I have, which was 50% more costly. They're not smooth and flimsy like the couple of Tie Bar knits I had purchased in the past.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing more reviews/articles regarding the suiting/tailored wear...it seems to be notably lacking compared to some other KW wares.

Note: lacking in the quantity of reviews sense, not quality.

SamF

Reaction score
Kent Wang suits are fantastic. I have 3. Good stuff. Need to order another couple.
Great stuff - what sort of cut are they most comfortable with? I know they have options for both soft & structured canvassing (as well as completely uncanvassed/unpadded). What sort of options have you gone with on that front? Is there a particular style they're good at?

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Most of mine are either B&Tailor or my old mtm tailor in Seoul (3 SuSu, 3 Yount, and then a few random makers). I have a KW suit and a KW jacket. And some pants, ties, and maybe a dozen squares from him.

I'll write something on it sometime this week if y'all would like.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of mine are either B&Tailor or my old mtm tailor in Seoul (3 SuSu, 3 Yount, and then a few random makers). I have a KW suit and a KW jacket. And some pants, ties, and maybe a dozen squares from him.

I'll write something on it sometime this week if y'all would like.

Yes please. My next jacket or suit will come from KW.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got two KW suits and need to order my third. Both are soft shoulder. Navy is standard lapel; grey is wide lapel. Probably going to try the 3 roll 2 option with the wide lapel on the next go around. Here's pictures:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads